Getting Around on TEG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We haven't talked about this lately, not since those days of confusion about 12 months ago.

The Easy Garden has all this Nifty-ness. I feel very lucky that @Nifty brought us along to this forum :). We probably all have our techniques for keeping up with things happening. Here's mine:

Hover the cursor over "Members" in the Green bar at the top of the page. When the Drop-down menu shows up, click Recent Activity.

Steve
who also watches for those Alerts

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm usually on here often enough that all I have to do is click on "New Posts" at the top to see what threads have new posts since I was last here. And I regularly mark all posts read before I leave.

I don't read all new posts or follow all threads on here like some people say they do. I probably should the way we bounce all over the place and hijack threads but I don't. I've been known top redirect a thread or two myself. There is no telling what direction some of these thread will take. We are small enough a group that we can follow every thread if we want to.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's handy Steve! I usually just click on new posts. But there's always a list of new stuff when I get on.

I recently discovered something I hadn't known about.
You know how when you're looking for something in a forum that has lots of pages? Like the POW thread? And there are page numbers at the top starting with one through six or whatever, then an arrow , then the last page number. Well I have just laboriously back tracked by clicking on the current page, waiting for it to load, then clicking on the lowest recent page number at the top and repeating until I get to the page I need.
Well! I absently clicked on that little arrow one day and the numbers zipped by 5 pages at a time! I didn't have to wait for the lowest one to load and click again, I just kept clicking the arrow and yahoo, I got where I wanted really fast! Made me feel a little like a dummy for taking so long to find that feature.
I bet @ninnymary thinks I've been long winded with this explanation!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh. I see! That arrow between the numbers for the pages. It just shifts the page number so you can click the page you want.

Looking for new posts: Something I do not do is go through the forums, 1 at a time.

Of course, I've got ideas like everyone else probably does about a new, special forum, just because I have an interest there. More and more, dividing my attention? Better not. And, better not assume that other gardeners have exactly my interests ...

Steve
an Asian Greens forum ! subdivided into bok choy, choy sum, komatsuna, etc. etc. !

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My head is spinning Thistle! This is what you should have said...I discovered that by clicking on the arrow by the page numbers, it will scroll 5 pages at a time!

Haha
Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My head is spinning Thistle! This is what you should have said...I discovered that by clicking on the arrow by the page numbers, it will scroll 5 pages at a time!

Haha
Mary

Thanks Mary! I've decided to PM you with all my posts and you can edit and make them more succinct!
I know you have the time, since you have no snow to shovel. :p

Latest posts