Getting Around on TEG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Cane! I saved the "slap" to a file so could I edit my post and whack Mary, but I got an error message that I couldn't use it. :(

Maybe TEGs gone non-violent...
Haha serves you right Thistle!

Cane, you lost me on the "save these and upload a file" :th

P.S. I still don't like that grinning green one. I liked the old one better.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is what I have at the top of this page at the far left. . .
Getting Around on TEG
Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by digitS', Today at 7:21 AM.
page 3 of 3 < Prev 1 2 3 Next > Go to First Unread
Perhaps it is because I never log out? Would that make a difference in having a different option?

Oh, OK, I see it now. If I click on the name of a thread that is in bold letters, meaning stuff has happened since I last clicked it, then I do see that "go to first unread" at the top of the page. But Red, doesn't yours just automatically take you to the first unread post in the thread when you just click the name of the thread anyway?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, if I want to wait for the computer to run through its paces. If I click First Unread right away I get there faster.

That is pretty slow. Nothin' makes my blood boil more than a slow computer. :somad There's a couple things that might be causing it, but the first thing I'd look at is Adware (edit: I meant to say Adblocker. Adware is something similar, but is run on your computer. Sorry for confusion!) Do you still get the animated banner ads across the top of the page or on the right-hand column? TEG was loading extremely slow for me until I installed an Adblocker for my browser and told it to block all ads (I'm on Firefox). So much better now! If that's what yours is doing, I'd be happy to walk you through and fix that.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please, please, please! Walk me through -- or watch me crawl through -- whatever it takes to get this computer a tad faster than granny-on-a-walker at the running of the bulls.

Remember, if it makes a difference, that this computer illiterate dinosaur is working with a MAC.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remember, if it makes a difference, that this computer illiterate dinosaur is working with a MAC.

Well, there's your problem!
tee hee smiley.gif

Latest posts