Getting Worried

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
As someone who lives in a state where people get arrested for their 5th, 6th, or 7th (!!!) DUI, I have rather strong opinions about those who drive intoxicated. Had one pass me on the freeway, running in the wrong direction... I took police advice on that situation, turned off my lights & pulled onto the shoulder. Had another drunk sideswipe my car with his Caddy on the same freeway. Honked my horn to wake him up, and followed him to the next off ramp. He wanted to just exchange insurance info & drive away... but I refused to do so until an officer arrived to do a breath test. He said "forget it" and drove away, but was then arrested at his home.

What I've never understood is, after the 2nd DUI, why do they still have a car???

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know some people killed by drunk driving. One night that changes so many lives forever. I can't understand why anyone would gamble on the chance. I even met someone once that told me he would practice saying the alphabet backwards in case he got pulled over drunk.:rant:rant:rant

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Could be his injuries were the result of his still being drunk and belligerent when arriving home to his wife. Nothing more irritating than trying to reason with a drunk. I could see where she could be driven past the edge of sanity and into violence if that were the case.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still doesn't make it right. Adults need to act like adults.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Still doesn't make it right. Adults need to act like adults.

Alcohol changes everything. I've seen overconfident family members
(brothers) insist that they can handle their alcohol and function even better at driving than sober people. Add alcohol to somebody who is already a little belligerent on a good day and the family dynamic changes for the worse.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Understand that as I survived that stupid attitude. Violence is what I was responding to. Now if someone is protecting themselves. Ok. If you are upset with decisions made by others, it doesn't make violence correct.

Latest posts