Giving up the bunnies

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yummmmy,

100_6310.jpg
joe's cooking, not Ron's !!

They are so tiny you can stuff them and still maintain a good temperature for cooking.

Oh that is just too delicious!!!

MOM? where did all the quail go? LOL ...Burp! :hu

Ron

I gotta tell ya, they usually remove the heads! LOL

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
: They look scrumptous!
Thank you! See I can cook.

Obsessed; Sorry to have hijacked you thread here.
But my point was, I loved raising the quail but it was just to much and had to let that go.

I think you were misunderstood, I read You are willing to clean them but not your spouse. You are felling overwhelmed with all you have going on, this I see in reading you posts and such.

So I say if you need a break, take one!

( photobucket is doing work on there site or there would be a cool picture posted here)

Joe

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Joe,

yes i was willing but nobody else was willing to do the work. And i didn't feel like I was spending enough time with them or on them. the water bottles got way to gross way to fast in the summer. I also felt horrid to watch them pant in the summer through the LA heat.

I like to do things for the fun of it just to say I can do it. I can do it. I did do it but when it becomes work, I don't want to do it. I do see adds on craigs list for poop so that is what I am going to go for.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Trust me it was not easy to give up this hobby !

Here is a picture of a fuzzy butt not long after hatching!

I miss them but it was best for both parties!

100_6294.jpg

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
yes i was willing but nobody else was willing to do the work.
we call that henny penny at my house .. i can understand with to much to do and to much to get done .. i want to try to have a rabbit as a pet, just kinda of gun shy .. i hope you find them wonderful homes to move to, or you have a good dinner ..

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well tonight is my first official taste of Pigeon!

Seriously, my dog took down a big whopper of a pigeon; I praised him and he played with it for a while. I gave him the wings to play with, and I took off just the larger meat parts without disturbing the gut. I was quite impressed with myself.

The rest was taken out to where there is a skunk out back (might as well share). I sliced the breasts and thighs and pan fried them in some butter. OMG!!!

The meat is so excellent, I can see why other Countries still utilize pigeon as a protein (unlike us fickle folk). Its texture is much like beef and the flavor is so intense and rich. Knock me out!

My dog loved every bit of it. I am sure my day of pigeon will come; but seriously I would do more than pan-fry something for myself!

I am liking the idea of a dovecote more and more.

Sorry, felt that since the subject of Quail came in here that I might as well keep adding thought on these lines.

Do not mean to gross anyone out! I feel that both myself and my dog honored our little feather friend by not wasting him. :weee

A good lesson for all pigeon, and a wonderful efficient kill by my dog! Funny because he will not go after a chicken, even with me not around.

Ron :coolsun

Latest posts