God made a farmer

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice tribute, wish it was for all DADs as well. What I feel is wrong with world, men (and women) have quit taken personnal responsibility to pass on good.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Got to agree, seedcorn, but I take it a step further...too many people seem to not take personal responsibility for anything! :( Nothing is ever "their fault"...but "fault" isn't the issue...responsibility is. It's a sad commentary on our society today.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mickey328 said:
Got to agree, seedcorn, but I take it a step further...too many people seem to not take personal responsibility for anything! :( Nothing is ever "their fault"...but "fault" isn't the issue...responsibility is. It's a sad commentary on our society today.
Not enough people realize that finding someone to blame does not correct the problem. I saw a lawyers ad the other day,"Have you been hurt in an accident? If so someone owes you compensation". So if I get drunk and run my car into a tree at 70 MPH someone should come pay me some money?

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Growing up in a ranching/farming family, I really loved the part where the farmer puts in a 40 hour week by Tuesday noon, and then goes tractor-back for another 72 hours. Reminded me of when we had over 400 acres of wheat field to plow...and top speed on the tractor was 10 mph! Took about 2 weeks to get it done since our "antique" tractor didn't have headlights. ;)

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And THAT is why I want to be a farmer when I grow up. (I'm at the tag end of the baby boomer generation.)

Latest posts