Goin' to the Dogs!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had a pretty hard time dog wise yesterday. Sometime night before last, our eldest dog Rocco started having difficulty breathing and couldn't stop coughing. Husband took him to ER when he steadily got worse. They said he had heart failure. 50/50 chance medicine would work. If it works, he'll have another 6 months or so of quality life. If it fails, he dies this weekend.

I guess it worked as he went from struggling to breath and unable to even lie down to acting like his normal self this morning. We have a second opinion with our regular vet the 4th.
My dog has had an irregular heart beat and panted. I started using a little cayenne pepper in his food, and for myself luckily we both seemed too have beat our problems.

Wishing your dog a little more time to enjoy his life with you ❤ :hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My Anatolians were raising a ruckus yesterday, there was a snapping turtle on other side of the fence. Thankfully it did not breach the fence-yet. It was lunging at the dogs, a hunk of dog nose was going to come up missing. I raked it away from the fence with a hoe, then went to get the tractor. It raised up on its legs and lunged at me, biting down on the hoe. I raked it in the bucket, then dumped it in the back of the truck. Took it to a creek a couple miles away and used a shovel to lower it to the ground. Don’t want it here, don’t want dogs getting bitten and didn’t want the turtle to get hurt, although fat chance of that.

View attachment 56099

View attachment 56098
Good for you 👍 👏

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zstatue.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took Carson with me to the local hardware store. One of the customers remarked, “That’s a DOG!”
Next, DOES HE BITE?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carson was on his good behavior as always. He got petted and admired.
What kind of dog is he?
Me-He’s half Labrador and half Great Dane.

Carson had a good time, got to ride in the truck and “go”

Latest posts