Goin' to the Dogs!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post a few pics of the wildest dog breed - the Ovcharka. A dog trainer I follow just rehabbed a juvenile bought by some people who thought he could be a pet like Labrador Retriever (haha wrong!), until he put damage on a stranger and they realized the fit wasn't def not right. They are simply the hugest dog I've ever seen. The dog trainer has a little pony the dog tries to play with, and he's actually bigger than the pony! Never seen a dog so hostile to strangers.
12e20fac3adf426d746b62db700fc1a1.jpg

A puppy!
3b685902de0064c1462f368065cde933--caucasian-mountain-dogs-tibetan-mastiff-puppies.jpg

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Pretty dog. I’ve studied them and did not want one. They are extremely intense and territorial. Good livestock guardians, but too fierce and prone to attack strangers.
Yes. They make the CAS seem like a Golden Retriever. Like the so-called “Boz” too many have been used for fighting

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boz is a recent import from Turkey, maybe in the last 20 years. Boz come from fighting lines.
I saw an ad on Craigslist for a 1 year old Boz female. She wouldn’t stay with the goats, preferred to hang out with the cows. Not safe with poultry. Not safe with small animals. Not safe with children. ( At this point I’m thinking that dog needed a bullet-and the owner too)

Obviously someone bit off more than they could chew and wound up with a dangerous animal they desperately wanted to shove off on someone else.

Anatolians can be pretty salty but I am the Alpha. Period. My puppy Buford growled at me when I got him home. We had a Come To Jesus Meeting that involved me dragging him on the leash, choking, fighting, me yelling, him screaming, until I got him in the pen. I dang near choked him half to death. Growl at me? Don’t think so! Welcome home! :lol:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Boz is a recent import from Turkey, maybe in the last 20 years. Boz come from fighting lines.
I saw an ad on Craigslist for a 1 year old Boz female. She wouldn’t stay with the goats, preferred to hang out with the cows. Not safe with poultry. Not safe with small animals. Not safe with children. ( At this point I’m thinking that dog needed a bullet-and the owner too)

Obviously someone bit off more than they could chew and wound up with a dangerous animal they desperately wanted to shove off on someone else.

Anatolians can be pretty salty but I am the Alpha. Period. My puppy Buford growled at me when I got him home. We had a Come To Jesus Meeting that involved me dragging him on the leash, choking, fighting, me yelling, him screaming, until I got him in the pen. I dang near choked him half to death. Growl at me? Don’t think so! Welcome home! :lol:
Also Boz is not a recognized breed here or in Turkey. It’s the same ideology that has done so much damage to the pit bulls pushing these dogs