Goin' to the Dogs!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you have any other options? Most of our bitter winter winds come from the west, and I can let my dog, Eva, out the front, east facing door.
There is really no sheltered side to my house, given these crazy swirling winds. My dogs go out the kitchen door into their fenced yard. There is a ramp and it's a good sized yard (50 ft square approx) with a tree, access under the back steps and into a closed-in back porch. The other doors lead out to long staircases too challenging for arthritic pawprints to navigate.

The little one is thankfully trained to use pee pads that I keep in the downstairs bathroom, and she will use them during the night if she can't wake me, but she much prefers the great outdoors, even when it is inhospitable out there. I owe a debt to her deceased owner for teaching her to use the "indoor plumbing." It was a great service to me and my dog.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@SPedigrees , don't know about YOU, but I'm ALREADY sick of the cold weather!!!!!!!!! :somad
I was sick of it before it started. lol!

To think that when I was young I loved winter. We used to cross-country ski for miles on snowmobile trails through the national forest, and I even used to ride my horse in the snow with winter shoes on her. Those days are a faint memory now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was sick of it before it started. lol!

To think that when I was young I loved winter. We used to cross-country ski for miles on snowmobile trails through the national forest, and I even used to ride my horse in the snow with winter shoes on her. Those days are a faint memory now.
Yeah, but you had fun and you have those memories.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
IMG_6562.jpeg

Latest posts