Goin' to the Dogs!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
To right!
When I see dogs out in the freezing cold, rain or hot sun. I honestly would love to drag the selfish humans outside and let them see how they like it.
Only if they are not double coated working dogs. My Maremmas would go lay on their backs in the snow when it was 11 degrees. I brought them inside for grooming and they would RACE back out to their sheep!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A cookie story, Starring Fen D Furball I
produced by Da Hooman

#1 “u hab cookee!”

#2 “u gib!”

3# “omagerd! S’ma fabrite!!”
0CE4A4A9-FB32-4981-BDAE-185240F1A635.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A cookie story, Starring Fen D Furball I
produced by Da Hooman

#1 “u hab cookee!”

#2 “u gib!”

3# “omagerd! S’ma fabrite!!”

i wish i had such wonderful pictures of our doggies over the years. they are fading now and no negatives of them that i know of.

still here are a few snapshots i took a little while ago so i could post them, they are not scans, but instead pictures of pictures and not really good, but you get the idea. :)

Chastity was the last dog we had during my younger years, quite a character with a lot of stories. We had two dogs before her (even more stories!)…

DSC_20240123_191809-0500_2290_Chas_thm.jpg

Of course she had puppies (not so chaste after all), 13 of them and she didn’t know what was going on to begin with and sat on the first one (which didn’t make it), the rest survived (including the runt, which we called Runtski). As far as we know all went to good homes, when Runtski was placed at last we were sad to see him go and some years later we heard from them that he was doing ok. No other contact with anyone that I know of. Yes, we did get Chas spayed after that.

[you might be able to count 12 puppies in this picture]

DSC_20240123_191746-0500_2289_Puppy_Chow_thm.jpg

They were always so much fun if you would give them any attention they would swarm at you. Attack!

DSC_20240123_191602-0500_2287_Puppy_Invasion_thm.jpg

Puppy piles and puppy breath.

DSC_20240123_191613-0500_2288_Puppies_thm.jpg

if you see capital letters at the first word of sentences i'm pretty much just copying and pasting text from:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Boone is super affectionate and enjoys sitting on my lap. He’s currently 43 lb at 12 weeks which is bigger than I thought!! He may mature on the heavier side of the breed.
There is no truth to the myth “too big to be a lap dog”. At 150 lb, he will simply be able to squeeze the pain from my body like toothpaste.

IMG_6933.jpeg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
People either love or hate sectionals.
I LOVE them! I had my sectionals all set up in the LR, then, we changed offices, less space, and had to find a home for the old family couch and chair, so I had to move the pieces. Right now, ONE single (end) chair is in the LR, the 2 seater is in the downstairs guest room, and the two other singles face each other in my upstairs office.
At SOME point, if DD's and I do a "sewing sweat shop" it can give us extra places to sit by a window and hand stitch.
The old family couch and chair are destined to be recovered, date uncertain, so they are in the LR waiting...
WHEN that happens I will bring out the 2 seater to be used where the couch is, against the inside wall.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Only if they are not double coated working dogs. My Maremmas would go lay on their backs in the snow when it was 11 degrees. I brought them inside for grooming and they would RACE back out to their sheep!
Having shared my home over the years with 4 collies, 2 shelties, and one Maine Coon mix cat, I can attest to the insulating qualities of a double coat. While their winter wear wasn't as effective as that of a malamute or a chow, we never saw one of our dogs act cold ever. At below zero (F) temps, their feet would get cold walking, but even then, they would often warm their feet by lying down and curling up in the snow rather than coming inside. And when our other cats would hide out in the warm indoors in winter, the indomitable Ms Fluffy preferred to sit outside on the porch in her luxurious fur coat, just sneering at the cold winter winds.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer this was Parker, he was a big black Labrador/Great Dane cross. He loved being a lap dog and would crawl up in my recliner to lay his head on my chest, go to sleep and snore. Of course he didn’t fit, half of his body was on the floor, but it made him happy.

IMG_5857.jpeg

When we lost him to cancer, BJ would have nothing but another big black Labrador/Great Dane cross. I searched for months and one night, there was a listing on Craigslist for a litter of puppies! We went a few days later and BJ picked out a puppy. And that is Carson.

Latest posts