digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
ups pug.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230107-041654_kindlephoto-6983971.png
This reminded me of DB's Boxer, Rusty. He was a good people dog but we had to make sure that the only dogs he was around were small ones or he would manage to provoke a fight.

An outside dog but I made the joke to Bro that if someone was to climb over the fence in the middle of the night, Rusty would probably think that they came to play and be happy to see them.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 54395
This reminded me of DB's Boxer, Rusty. He was a good people dog but we had to make sure that the only dogs he was around were small ones or he would manage to provoke a fight.

An outside dog but I made the joke to Bro that if someone was to climb over the fence in the middle of the night, Rusty would probably think that they came to play and be happy to see them.
The last Boxer we had was Haggie and he was very friendly and never barked or acted like he was guarding, but when DH worked late at night and was not home, Haggie turned into a different dog. He listened to noises outside and I even heard him growl sometimes when he thought he heard something, but if DH was home at night, he just snored the night away.

My dad had a Boxer seeing eye dog named Major. When he married my mother the dog was already getting old, and when he died my dad got another Boxed named Duke. I was around 10 probably when Duke died and he got another Boxed named Captain for a seeing eye dog. Later after Captain died he got a Vizsla named Gypsy for his last seeing eye dog. After Gypsy died my brother and I decided we wanted a Boxer so we got a Boxer puppy and named him Major. He lived to be about 13 and died right before I got married and then after DH and I were married and DD was about 6 months old somebody had a Boxer about 6 months old they could not keep and that was Haggie. He has been gone almost 20 years.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kind of peripheral, but I suppose this is dog related.

I lucked into a cache of Bea Kenniwick beads (a VERY skilled Fimo expert well known for her dogs recently).

here are some (I did this pic from a buyer so the few breeds I was planning to keep for myself, like the German Shepherd, Whippet, Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever are not in this picture).

1673114957409.jpeg

Latest posts