Going BOLD! or TOO Bold?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dear, that is a shade near and dear to me! My door out to my deck is painted that shade- and so is my back door! Great minds think alike! Unfortunately, my front door is glass, or I would have done that to. I always say, if I am going to paint, by God you are going to know it! Beige is for babies! Enjoy your cool door!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't think its very bold - I love green! My sis always tells me that "drab" is my favorite color and she's going to bury me in red shoes! I love earth tone colors, but want another color to make it pop!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Green is calming and welcoming...Green is natural... it will pickup the colors or your plants and blend...I love it...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Color can be a struggle. When I bought my Saturn in 2001 I was debating color, between Dark Berry and Dark Blue. I went with the blue bc I knew I could live it. 220,000 miles later I still like it.
I like your green door. :D

AllyRodrigues

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I LOVE it! Green is my favorite color and it's hard to go TOO bold for me! Take a look at this family room we made over to our liking in the 1950's country house we bought last year. You should hear my parents tell how I ruined the place!

(Before and after)

8784_oldgreenroom.jpg

8784_newgreenroom.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
AllyRodrigues said:
Take a look at this family room we made over to our liking in the 1950's country house we bought last year. You should hear my parents tell how I ruined the place!
I guess they bought the house for YOU?!?!?
Until my mother pays my mortgage, her opinion about MY redecorating doesn't mean much.
I think it looks really nice. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ally, I LOVE IT. (If the opinion of a non-decorating decorator means much!) It is WONDERFUL. Like Ducks says, your house, you get to pick colors. You did a fabulous job, the room looks so freshand inviting. :thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ally WOW! I just love it... it gives me this traditional meets tropical vibe. Maybe a blend from the period where England brought their own tastes and incorporated it into the style of the times in India. ...Or something like that!

And no... my mother does not pay my mortgage! hahaha But I've covered her's on occasion and she's not getting rid of her icky colonial style wall paper... even if I begged! hahahaha

Asked hubby about the door again, and if he planned on repainting it if he's no longer a fan and he said he could live with it... its just a door! (He says that now, but we'll see what I do next! hahaha) :lol: