. . . going from Here to There

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little bit of a trick question. I'm actually at some distance from that great view of the Columbia River. (You can see me waving from my garden up there in the upper right corner, backed by the evergreen trees against the side of a mountain . . . that's where i am but i'm kidding about being able to see me, :p!)

The "here and there" locations are only about 250 miles apart on opposite sides of the Cascade Mountains in the Pacific NorthWest.

The lovely garden with the willow and azaleas is in an excavated setting - a "grotto" garden. It seems to me that something like that might be possible, even in a desert . . . just thinkin' . . .

seedcorn said:
. . . Is how you and your Dad got to where you are both at......beautiful garden and flowers. That is one huge garden, I take it you sell produce.?.

Do you breed Dahlia's? My daughter just got started in them and going nuts on me.....
Dad has moved about 70 miles away and took a few of the dahlias with him. After many years, I won't be showing up in his backyard this season.

I don't breed dahlias but there's about 300 of the critters. I had 3 dahlias, 20 years ago . . . making a large purchase, a couple of small ones, and doing a little dividing - got me into the mess I'm in these days. The dahlias are resting in my basement right now and will be going out soon.

Yes, I've been known to sell flowers and veggies :).

Steve

since this is a different page -- I'll put that "view" of my garden here back up:
4989_columbia_basin.jpg

. . . and, there's the other:
4989_grotto_garden.jpg

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:frow
From here ... to there... well I was going to say ... a whole lotta compost :D

What ever it took... I wouldn't mind it in my backyard! :bouquet

Latest posts