Good deeds - pass them on

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was very happy to mail nyboy two of my sprouting smoke tree plants. He asked several times to reimburse me for the postage (a whopping $6), but I asked him instead for some dog advice. Cool.

We have renters coming for a wedding in May and they will be here along with another renter, practically back to back on the calender. I've got 5 trays of seeds trying to sprout, and we don't plant here till Mother's Day. Since its gonna be 90's here this weekend, you'd think I should. But the temps are not warm enuf at night. Anyways, I asked a UPS driver, who has a fab garden where he sells his veggies on weekends, if he would babysit my 5 trays while we're gone cus of the renters.

Sure, no problem he says. I offered him some seeds, specifically the only bean seeds that were successful from Russ' collection last year. He doesn't do beans, and said all is good. He'll take good care of my flats in his greenhouse while we're gone.

Good deeds - have you passed any on lately?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well of course. ;) A co-worker had gotten a ride to work , then his son was called into work and unable to come get Dad. His other car was in the shop and he needed a ride to go pick it up. Some other co workers live in the same town. About 10 miles south of my town. No one else offered to give him a ride and he was thinking he'd have to call a cab. :( I said not a big deal I will take you. He wanted to buy some gas or treat me to lunch. I said. No Thanks. I just wanted to be nice. Pass it on. :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was so happy to get my trees and surprise soap!!! Loved your soap need to get more . last week a older lady came in for grooming for the first time. She said she wished she could have her dog done more but just couldn't afford it. I gave her a 60% discount which she thanked me over and over. In the past week 4 new clients called for appointments, the woman takes her dog to dog park everyday and raves about me.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A friend, her boyfriend, and their combined 4 kids bought a house a few weeks ago. 2 days after they moved in, septic backed up into the basement where the kids rooms were. Previous owner was aware of this problem every spring. All their belongings contaminated and all 6 of them violently ill. :( the 6 of them are now living with her parents and sister, 9 people in 1 house. So, we offered for them to stay at our place for the week we're gone on vacation, give everybody a little extra space. I've got to work on kid-proofing our place a bit but its a minor inconvenience compared to what they're going through.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I try to keep up on things, but dang it, news is so depressing. There has been so many horrible things happen in our area lately. It sure helps to read about good people... thanks for passing it on.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't feel that way, seedcorn. When the right time and circumstance arises you will know what to do and when to do it. I certainly don't think of doing good deeds everyday, but things do come up and I respond.

Had an ex-student whose house burned to the ground. I suggested to spouse that we should do something to help. He sighed and asked how much help was God telling me to send to them. He knows me well.

Latest posts