Good deeds - pass them on

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It seems we own the community tractor. Yesterday a neighbor came over to cut 3 trees that are on the fenceline between him and us. His chainsaw quit, so he used ours. Another neighbor called neighbor #1 for AC help. Neighbor #1 got stuck in neighbor #2 yard. #2 had to walk to our house as #1 truck was blocking driveway and get our tractor. All is well in the neighborhood. Not the first time the tractor has contributed to the greater good of our community.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first bought the country house I was surprised when neighbors came over introduced them selves and offered to lend me any tools I might need. In the city your don't know your neighbors name never mind borrow from them.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't feel that way, seedcorn. When the right time and circumstance arises you will know what to do and when to do it. I certainly don't think of doing good deeds everyday, but things do come up and I respond.

Had an ex-student whose house burned to the ground. I suggested to spouse that we should do something to help. He sighed and asked how much help was God telling me to send to them. He knows me well.
:lol:

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I first bought the country house I was surprised when neighbors came over introduced them selves and offered to lend me any tools I might need. In the city your don't know your neighbors name never mind borrow from them.
Sad but true. That is why I prefer to stay in the southern country.

Latest posts