Good deeds - pass them on

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something most of us can do is volunteer at Big/Brothers Big Sisters for lunch buddy program. You can eat lunch with a student in grade school that is in jeopardy of falling through cracks. May be single parent or divorced parent. One day a week over lunch during school year. All ages accepted. Can be rewarding. Can be challenging as some kids come from a messed up home. Had both. This one, first grade darling. Last week was 10 minutes late. In school entrance with meal waiting. Yes, I called left message running late.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something most of us can do is volunteer at Big/Brothers Big Sisters for lunch buddy program. You can eat lunch with a student in grade school that is in jeopardy of falling through cracks. May be single parent or divorced parent. One day a week over lunch during school year. All ages accepted. Can be rewarding. Can be challenging as some kids come from a messed up home. Had both. This one, first grade darling. Last week was 10 minutes late. In school entrance with meal waiting. Yes, I called left message running late.
Our school offers the lunch buddy program. I am looking forward to being able to do that once I retire. ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love doing things for others. Every Tuesday, a coach gives us free coaching to four of us for an hour. He and his girlfriend (who is going to school) are young and I know they don't have much. So I make dinner for them every 2 weeks.

Mary

It's addictive, isn't it? I try and listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and the more I listen and respond, the more it seems I can hear. To God goes the glory for any good that I do, as I doubt I'd think of such things on my own.

What I found is that every single time I obey that voice, I get big blessings right back on my life, so it's like a positive reinforcement to do it again.

I LOVE this thread! It's about one of my favorite things....doing for others with no need for anything in return. It's extremely fun and makes one glow all day long!

I babysit my grandchild so her mother can work better at her home job, just a couple days a week. I also run her to the doc or store, as they only have the one car and my son's always working. We also buy them dinner out once a week so they can have a treat. We do that for the other boys as well.

I clean the other boys' apartment every other week, do their laundry, etc. because they work a lot and they have no woman to do for them.

I give eggs to all the family and the women my Mother dances with and she and I go over to my widowed sister's house once or twice a year and help her get her overgrown lawn under control...it's an all day job of weedeating, pruning, mowing, cleaning, etc. We also detail her car for her each spring or fall.

That's the short list......pass it along!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been on the receiving end of TEG'ers good deeds. I have received gifts for my new grand daughter and her big sister. Many of you have sent plants and flowers for our new home. I am blessed to be a member of such a caring, loving, fine bunch of people! I love y'all!

Latest posts