GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! What's on your to-do gardening list ...

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
... today?

What needs to be done in your garden today?

I plan on picking more okra, cukes, tomatoes and peppers.

I'm sure some of my strawberry runners have rooted, so I'll lift those cups and start more. I pull weeds as I go and give them to the chickens.
I know my potted flowers will need water :watering
One of my customers wants some fall brocolli, cabbage and cauliflower soon. I'm going to try and get those seeds started.

And always, more weeding, of course!! :tools

Since we have members from different zones, it will be interesting to see what each is doing.

PennyinOk

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Weeding weeding and more weeding...did I mention I hate weeds. My cucumber plants are going crazy so I am going to make pickles on wednesday I think. :p I am going to water all my new plant starts my wonderful sister in law gave me...And then sit back and watch it grow..

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have to keep a close on on some newly sprouted goodies: Purple bush beans, Swiss chard and radish. I need to make sure that they stay sufficiently moist :)
DH is going to help me put together a bit of scrap picket fence for my melons to climb around on...gotta keep them out of the bush beans.

Gotta cure my planting potatoes and figure out why I have ants on my corn and how to get rid of them!

mudda

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well its raining today, so I get to enjoy the weather and maybe if it dries up, pull some weeds. Zone 5

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Keep up with the weeds and get started on the chicken coop! Chicks scheduled to arrive in 15 days!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
short-term list:

some judicious deadheading and shaping (incl. lopping off the tallest flower spikes from the lambs'-ears)

weed veg garden and finish mulching it.

edge all flowerbeds because the grass is starting to move in again.

sometime-in-the-next-month list:

get around to planting the amur chokecherries and one shrub that were bought bareroot and 'temporarily' planted in big pots and are vanishing amongst the tall grass along the E side of the house.

put down more cardboard-and-mulch over areas intended to be beds in the future

remove large pavers from area E of house (some of a previous owner's ten million dogs lived there), stack them somewhere til I decide what to do with them, remove the screenings underneath and put in new chicken run, then dump a bunch of mulch/compost type stuff there and top with cardboard and mulch, in hopes that I can plant there in a year or two.

I have NO INTENTION of revisiting this thread again, lest I discover how much I did not get done after all :p

Pat

Latest posts