#GoodBoyHeath

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m sure rawhide is very slow to digest. Never give a large dog a small one he can swallow. If they chew on them, all is good.

Wife’s dog can make raw hide disappear in minutes as his jaws can break steel-if his teeth could stand it. So glad he has a great disposition to never harm-except for ground hogs-who he wants all of them DEAD!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a lab that CAN NOT have rawhide in any form.. regardless of how big of a bone I give her, she will have a hunk the size of my palm off and swallowed in moments.. then.. moments later, I get to pick the slimy, limp bit of nasty up off the floor. Nope. She gets carrots instead.

Your dog is amazing and obviously loves you dearly.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Might I recommend a puzzle toy to keep him busy for days like these? ;-) When my dog is driving me nuts, I stuff a kong or get one of the other puzzles, and stuff it in his face. It's a bit like giving a binky to a baby.
actually, he has a "Cleverpet Hub" its like a video game for dogs :weeePlus, he is able to open the back door to let himself in and out...and he also lets the big dogs in when I want them out...but he keeps himself entertained, thankfully! I do like the stuffed kong idea though. I will have to find his!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heath is a beautiful dog! Farm collie? I love that look. I've had 4 collies and 2 shelties in the course of my lifetime. Herding dogs are the smartest, most resourceful of all.

For chewies, my guys swear by elk and moose antlers. Even my shark-jawed sheltie can't bite off pieces of these to swallow.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I give mine a raw hide keeps them busy for a long time

At certain times of the year my dogs get literal raw hides....a whole deer hide. They can consume it in a couple of days, never stoppers them up so badly they couldn't poop. The old dog doesn't bother to try them on for size anymore, as his teeth won't go there any longer~but he used to....I've seen him consume an entire heifer's head in two days time, but the younger can consume anything without problems.

Latest posts