Got Lucky Last Night

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will take anyone out to dinner at a very nice restaurant, if they get the weeds in my garden under control !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what response I get from weed for fed ad on CL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will take anyone out to dinner at a very nice restaurant, if they get the weeds in my garden under control !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what response I get from weed for fed ad on CL
How big is your garden? Guess I can't help anyway 1/2 way across the continent!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I can honestly say I can see no weeds in my lawn or garden. Of course, that's because I have given up on 'seeing' anything of the kind until I get my machinery back. The grass in the lawn is bale-able. The son hasn't found time to mow the field, gully, or orchards and I haven't been pushing a mower around knowing I'll not get the lawn finished before it needs mowing again.

For example, my plan was to dose myself liberally with repellant and spend the day outside doing what need doing in the veggies and whatever else. Instead, DH had a bad night trying to get comfortable enough to sleep with shoulder and back pain. Too much work is my diagnoses, but he isn't happy if he can't get out and work his muscles. He's been clearing out another area of brambles, shrubs, weeds, and a few downed trees. Then he actually raked the whole wooded area and picked up the mess by hand! At 79! No wonder his shoulders and back were hurting!

After keeping us both awake until after 1:00 tossing, turning, (and cussing), I asked once more if I could get him some aspirin. Finally, he said yes. That's two aspirin he's taken from me in the past 44 years. Half an hour later he was sleeping.

DH was okay until after breakfast when he came in with chicken-skin (goosebumps), the shakes, and a low-grade fever. We spent most of the day in Urgent Care waiting to be seen, waiting for tests, and waiting for the doctor to report back.

As I had expected, DH has a re-occurrance of the C-diff (or never really got rid of it) that had him in the hospital a short time ago, and this time is on four weeks of horse-pill antibiotics taken every six hours. No matter how you figure that, I'm waking him up during the night for one dose. For someone who HATES taking pills and can't remember why he has to take them, this is going to be one long month -- for both of us.

Meanwhile, outside everything is growing, growing, growing. It has been perfect weather for the grass to shoot up. A perfect place for the mosquitoes to hide. Tomorrow I plan to spend the whole day outside doing what needs doing with the veggies and anything else. . .

Oh, yes, I managed to kill a dozen goldfish this week. We stopped for them Monday afternoon and I tossed the baggie into the pond so the water temperatures would even out. This afternoon I remembered the poor fish -- all dead in the baggie. I really feel bad about forgetting the fish. Such a small, easy task and I left them to asphyxiate (or cook) only one small layer of film from all the water they needed.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I can honestly say I can see no weeds in my lawn or garden. Of course, that's because I have given up on 'seeing' anything of the kind until I get my machinery back. The grass in the lawn is bale-able. The son hasn't found time to mow the field, gully, or orchards and I haven't been pushing a mower around knowing I'll not get the lawn finished before it needs mowing again.

For example, my plan was to dose myself liberally with repellant and spend the day outside doing what need doing in the veggies and whatever else. Instead, DH had a bad night trying to get comfortable enough to sleep with shoulder and back pain. Too much work is my diagnoses, but he isn't happy if he can't get out and work his muscles. He's been clearing out another area of brambles, shrubs, weeds, and a few downed trees. Then he actually raked the whole wooded area and picked up the mess by hand! At 79! No wonder his shoulders and back were hurting!

After keeping us both awake until after 1:00 tossing, turning, (and cussing), I asked once more if I could get him some aspirin. Finally, he said yes. That's two aspirin he's taken from me in the past 44 years. Half an hour later he was sleeping.

DH was okay until after breakfast when he came in with chicken-skin (goosebumps), the shakes, and a low-grade fever. We spent most of the day in Urgent Care waiting to be seen, waiting for tests, and waiting for the doctor to report back.

As I had expected, DH has a re-occurrance of the C-diff (or never really got rid of it) that had him in the hospital a short time ago, and this time is on four weeks of horse-pill antibiotics taken every six hours. No matter how you figure that, I'm waking him up during the night for one dose. For someone who HATES taking pills and can't remember why he has to take them, this is going to be one long month -- for both of us.

Meanwhile, outside everything is growing, growing, growing. It has been perfect weather for the grass to shoot up. A perfect place for the mosquitoes to hide. Tomorrow I plan to spend the whole day outside doing what needs doing with the veggies and anything else. . .

Oh, yes, I managed to kill a dozen goldfish this week. We stopped for them Monday afternoon and I tossed the baggie into the pond so the water temperatures would even out. This afternoon I remembered the poor fish -- all dead in the baggie. I really feel bad about forgetting the fish. Such a small, easy task and I left them to asphyxiate (or cook) only one small layer of film from all the water they needed.

It is the little things that get forgotten when there are so many BIG things going on. Wish I could actually help. So instead I will keep you and DH in thought and prayer. Big Hugs:hugs

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry about husband Red, I always keep a tube of good old fashion Ben Gay for when I over do it. I am sure it would work even better with a massage from devoted spouse.

Latest posts