Got the garden all planted....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I felt very fortunate to be in Florida the couple times I was there. An odd moment here and there but 99% of the time, very happy :).

There was only a brief visit to Tampa the first time but I was determined to go back and spend a few days. Enjoyed visiting Fort Meyers and the Keys. I was determined to see as much of the state as I could that time but didn't think Miami would be the place for me.

I never saw even a hill in Florida! The Everglades were a disappointment but I really have no idea what more I expected.

Fort Lauderdale was a little crazy but that was my own fault. Orlando was a little crazier but I was beyond intervention by then. Tallahassee reminded me of the southern cities I have enjoyed. Oh, there was a little up and down to the highways around there.

I kind of missed the panhandle, just traveling through, once at night. I don't know which part I enjoyed most but it was winter both times. I doubt if I would be very comfortable depending on air conditioning, anywhere.

Steve

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It has to be above 84 for me to even think about allowing them to turn on air conditioning.
I guess it is what you are used to. It is 66 here now, and I am cold.
My son wants to go to college up north. I hope he can handle the cold. He doesn't even wear a jacket down here. Young metabolisms... how I miss it.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They say it takes about 2 weeks for your body to adjust to climate changes. At least that's what they tell people here. :rolleyes: I don't know, I was in SC in July for ten days, 100 degrees, 100% humidity (I swear), and I sure didn't notice much adjusting going on... :thI guess I needed to stay a little longer.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good grief! If we turned our air conditioner on when it hit 84 our bills would be in the thousands of dollars! Lol. We don't turn ours on until it hits at least 95.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They say it takes about 2 weeks for your body to adjust to climate changes. At least that's what they tell people here. :rolleyes: I don't know, I was in SC in July for ten days, 100 degrees, 100% humidity (I swear), and I sure didn't notice much adjusting going on... :thI guess I needed to stay a little longer.

I know what you're talking about Lavender! I spent a year in Dallas one week in July for a friends wedding.
I discovered sweat glands I didn't know I had. :confused: Amazing humidity!

I guess it would have been that second week that would have made all the difference huh?

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good grief! If we turned our air conditioner on when it hit 84 our bills would be in the thousands of dollars! Lol. We don't turn ours on until it hits at least 95.
I am with you on that, but I have to live with people. and they are pretty good people, so we let things slide.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow. Growing up we just had an attic fan. Would pull the air up into the attic to create circulation. Better be sure you had a window or 2 open or you'd blow out the pilot light.

That house got air conditioning when I was 23 yrs old and already living on my own.

I can't imagine that kind of heat.