Gotta have a talk with my cats

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Actually they aren't my cats, just strays that I give safe haven in my yard. They have been taking care of pest problems and doing a good job but today I found a tomato close to the ground that had obviously been nibbled by a mouse or other rodent. I should just gather them together and give them a pep talk but you know what herding cats is like. ;)

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I lost my first spring tomatoes to the same thing! Claw and teeth marks on the dangling play toys. They do catch a lot of grasshoppers though. :)

Good luck. I have been trying to explain to mine that we do NOT eat the blue or yellow colored birds.

-Wendy

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would hate to think about gardening without my cats... Give them a pep talk, hoodat. I am sure they just missed that one!! If I hadn't seen them all dead, I never would have imagined I had such a huge population of voles. Nice kitties!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoodat! It still says you are "online!"

Does this mean that you are just about the only person in San Diego who has electricity??

Huge area of southern California and Arizona without power . . .

Steve

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OOOOO. We have made our cat a indoor only cat, after many vet bills from cat fights. I never considered how much he paroled the yard. EEEWWWW vole rat or mouse (except mickey) are gross gross gross..

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Hoodat! It still says you are "online!"

Does this mean that you are just about the only person in San Diego who has electricity??

Huge area of southern California and Arizona without power . . .

Steve
The power here was off from 4 PM to around 1:30 AM. The lights coming back on woke me or I'd still be in bed. It hit at a bad time. We just had one of the hottest days of this year and the ACs went out. I don't have an AC myself. I don't think we have enough hot days that I can't tough it out.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It may have helped that we are only 3 days away from the full Harvest Moon, Hoodat. I'm sure that lots of people were able to notice that moon (besides the cats ;)).

My little AC was doing a good job yesterday. The outdoor thermometer reached 92F. The record for today is 93 so we are getting close! With so much record coolness here a few months ago, it will be remarkable if a 75 year-old record falls this year. I suppose that is somewhat like the story in the Midwest where all the rain was replaced by drought and a lot of heat.

I am looking forward to an extended gardening year. We don't need to do that with the thermometer going above 90 every day but the arid climate here means that there are 40 swings in temperature in 12 hours at this time of year. Yes, that makes for comfortable sleeping overnight but you can see how the garden can get into trouble when the days cool down to say, a high of 72.

Steve

ETA: i have never understood TEG's "online/offline" . . . nor, do i even believe it

Latest posts