Government Takeover of Your Garden

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How a law is written and how it is applied are 2 different things. Case in point...a cow share program in Colorado has been barred by the ag dept from selling cream, cheese and yogurt to its shareholders. The law does not forbid selling these items, but the ag dept has interpreted the law to say that once you "process" the raw milk it is no longer covered under the cow share program.

Raw dairies are now trying to get the law changed to end the vagueness that led to this problem.

Until the Tesser amendment, there was a LOT of room for creative interpretation. There is no guarantee the Tesser amendment will remain part of any final bill. The question is DO YOU TRUST THESE PEOPLE?

My answer is not just no, but HELL NO!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks Bog... I think this was a well put together article. Off to share it on facebook!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trust is a huge issue, wife. Sure I would like safe food for all- but at this point I am against the government getting involved with anything! I think the provision about selling more than 500,000 dollars will cover all of us- but...this is sure to be an ongoing mess.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Also the fact that big ag fought AGAINST the exemption under $500,000 is a big clue.
Yeah, they don't want their sales hurt domestic or international because of something the little guy did. But they lost that one.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
It always comes down to more govt control, and how they decide to apply the laws and to who. They leave to many loop holes for law makers to come back to later and corrupt. You could have ten lawyers read the bill and have ten different answers as to what it means. The devil is always in the details.

Latest posts