Grandparent bragging

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 47778
Here is the latest picture of Thomas he just turned 4 a three weeks ago. He has come down with a mystery illness in the last few weeks and has lost a lot of weight and is miserable and no diagnosis from Drs. He has been to the ER to have IV put in for fluids because he cannot keep anything down not even water. He and our daughter stayed over last night and he took some new medication that I picked up at the pharmacy on my way home. He seemed to perk up some after the meds and his fever has seemed to break so we are hopeful that he is turning the corner and getting his health back.
He has grown and he is very handsome. I hope he is turning the corner and they figure this out. How frightening to have something wrong and not know what it is. Wonder what it is? Izzy has something where if she gets hurt or really mad and starts to cry she will catch her breath and not breath, turn blue and once turned white. Scaring the heck out of me and people say they will grow out of it or they do it for attention, but she has no control over this. Eyes wide open, mouth open and no sound and turning blue. She does not fall down, but the last time was really scary.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 47778
Here is the latest picture of Thomas he just turned 4 a three weeks ago. He has come down with a mystery illness in the last few weeks and has lost a lot of weight and is miserable and no diagnosis from Drs. He has been to the ER to have IV put in for fluids because he cannot keep anything down not even water. He and our daughter stayed over last night and he took some new medication that I picked up at the pharmacy on my way home. He seemed to perk up some after the meds and his fever has seemed to break so we are hopeful that he is turning the corner and getting his health back.

that is sad and i hope he recovers soon!

last i knew you were still healing up from a tumble and i hope you've recovered ok from that?

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thomas has turned it around and is back to eating and drinking thank god. His first bout with this was in late September they said it was Epstein bar aka mono, he was kept out of preschool for 2 months. He went back to pre school and wearing a mask for 4 hours a day. After only 3 days of that he crashed again and became very I’ll nearly to the point of hospitalization. They did a full blood screening on him and found his blood counts to be way of to the point of giving him a transfusion. Once he started getting better he recovered quickly and was back to normal. He was fine until a few weeks ago when he caught the sniffles and then it was a downhill spiral again until he was back in the hospital getting an IV put in so they could give him fluid, and his white blood cell count is scary low. That was just Wednesday and today he is back to his old self, weak but happy and eating and drinking normally he has had extensive testing for childhood cancer and other diseases and has no complications or indications that he possibly has any of them.
I have my own ideas about what it is and I think he has chronic active Epstein bar he has many of the symptoms including anemia, fever ,vomiting ,diarrhea and lowered amune system. This is all a hunch because of his original diagnosis of mono. His Dr. Says there is no way to test a 4 yr old for that because no 4 yr old that he has heard of has had it. Hopefully this is the last time he has to be this sick from whatever it is and he stays healthy.
8E07C01C-96B3-4FD9-B9E9-1170C45973BF.jpeg

Here his is last summer in a apple tree

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thomas has turned it around and is back to eating and drinking thank god. His first bout with this was in late September they said it was Epstein bar aka mono, he was kept out of preschool for 2 months. He went back to pre school and wearing a mask for 4 hours a day. After only 3 days of that he crashed again and became very I’ll nearly to the point of hospitalization. They did a full blood screening on him and found his blood counts to be way of to the point of giving him a transfusion. Once he started getting better he recovered quickly and was back to normal. He was fine until a few weeks ago when he caught the sniffles and then it was a downhill spiral again until he was back in the hospital getting an IV put in so they could give him fluid, and his white blood cell count is scary low. That was just Wednesday and today he is back to his old self, weak but happy and eating and drinking normally he has had extensive testing for childhood cancer and other diseases and has no complications or indications that he possibly has any of them.
I have my own ideas about what it is and I think he has chronic active Epstein bar he has many of the symptoms including anemia, fever ,vomiting ,diarrhea and lowered amune system. This is all a hunch because of his original diagnosis of mono. His Dr. Says there is no way to test a 4 yr old for that because no 4 yr old that he has heard of has had it. Hopefully this is the last time he has to be this sick from whatever it is and he stays healthy.View attachment 47807
Here his is last summer in a apple tree
MONO? for such a little one? Oh, no.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
MONO? for such a little one? Oh, no.
Yes that is the problem, his Dr diagnosed him with mono the first time he got sick, but now says there is no way to test him for a chronic condition at his age. Drs cannot diagnose or treat on a hunch like I can lol. What do I know I’m just some old grandpa who would attempt to move mountains.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector what about putting him on a vitamin and mineral protocol? Many diseases and conditions are caused by absence of trace minerals. Look for a holistic doctor or healer and convince parents to take Thomas for bloodwork and an exam. I sure hope it isn’t Epstein Barr or anything serious.
Big hugs to you, old grandpa who would move mountains.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes that is the problem, his Dr diagnosed him with mono the first time he got sick, but now says there is no way to test him for a chronic condition at his age. Drs cannot diagnose or treat on a hunch like I can lol. What do I know I’m just some old grandpa who would attempt to move mountains.
See if you can find an accomplished homeopathic physician.

Latest posts