Grandparent bragging

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule ,We have been looking into vitamins and minerals that would help him from starting the downward spiral every time he gets a minor ailment. Our eldest daughter who is Thomas mom used to have bouts of anemia when she was young just not as young as Thomas is. We never thought much about it, and she did not get sick like he does either. He is here today while his mom is at work and you would never think he was in the hospital just 4 days ago having fluid injected into his body because he had not been able to eat or drink for a week. He is back in the play room and it sounds like he has a remodeling project going, he is back to his old self that fast after that. We are definitely trying to find a way to ward off the down spiral that takes him down and wrecks his immune system.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule ,We have been looking into vitamins and minerals that would help him from starting the downward spiral every time he gets a minor ailment. Our eldest daughter who is Thomas mom used to have bouts of anemia when she was young just not as young as Thomas is. We never thought much about it, and she did not get sick like he does either. He is here today while his mom is at work and you would never think he was in the hospital just 4 days ago having fluid injected into his body because he had not been able to eat or drink for a week. He is back in the play room and it sounds like he has a remodeling project going, he is back to his old self that fast after that. We are definitely trying to find a way to ward off the down spiral that takes him down and wrecks his immune system.
Collector, I have a very good chiropractor who is doing functional medicine. Since Thomas has blood work and hospital records, it would be a lot easier for my doctor to get help fast for Thomas. I totally fell apart when DH died and this man has turned me around. There is a man that started going when I started to go, older than me and using a walker and then later I saw him with a can, and within a year I saw him and he was smiling and using a cane and looked totally different. DS was really stressed out after DH died and just turned 18. He got a full time job and just got his driver's license and he could barely function with allergy attacks. His back started hurting all the time, and he would limp and one day his leg and foot went numb while walking and I freaked out and made him start going to the chiropractor and he found out a lot of health issues with him and he has been taking a lot of vitamins. He has no allergy attacks, his back does not hurt and not as tired as he was and when I see symptoms coming back, he goes back for treatments and I make sure he is taking all his vitamins. I am not sure if Thomas had covid, but my chiropractor said his patients who had covid have a lot of health issues they never had before and it is taking time to rebuild their health. DD has a friend with 4 children and they all had covid and since then they have been sick all the time. They might have had both kinds of covid. They got hand, foot, mouth, they have colds all the time, they now have pinkeye they thought, but fevers, throwing up, I am not sure what all. They just seem to not be able to stay well. My doctor is in CDA by Fred Meyer's parking lot. There is a little mall behind the parking lot called Bear Paw and he is in there. His name is Dennis Brittain. https://www.brittainchiropractic.com/ I hope what he had is over and he stays back to his normal healthy self.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vitamins D3 and C are important and many people don't get enough.

D3 is immune support and for many other functions. i have no idea what a safe dose for a child would be so you'll have to research this yourself but that one i would start ASAP.

C is also one that some children may not get enough of if they are picky eaters. i don't know what Thomas normally eats and if he has a varied diet or not.

if taking a lot of D3 suggestions are to also make sure there is some K2 taken to make sure calcium goes into the bones and not the tissues.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits, the odd thing is DW, DD, and I all had Covid mid January and Thomas never even got the sniffles . But this latest bug going around is infecting everyone here including Thomas, he was the first to get it. I started feeling minor symptoms on Friday and Saturday morning I had a low grade fever a mid grade head ache that have stuck with me to this moment. We have been able to manage the symptoms with over the counter meds but not get over it yet. You are right nowadays you have to look into other forms of healthcare, it seems like the drs only dole out the healthcare that the suits who control the health care group allow. DW has Started making some tinctures and teas to help boost all our immune systems. DD is looking in to some alternate health care for Thomas but until then she is trying to keep him in a bubble which he is fighting lol. We are hoping and praying that he stays healthy until we can get some answers or some way to manage his health issues.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits, the odd thing is DW, DD, and I all had Covid mid January and Thomas never even got the sniffles . But this latest bug going around is infecting everyone here including Thomas, he was the first to get it. I started feeling minor symptoms on Friday and Saturday morning I had a low grade fever a mid grade head ache that have stuck with me to this moment. We have been able to manage the symptoms with over the counter meds but not get over it yet. You are right nowadays you have to look into other forms of healthcare, it seems like the drs only dole out the healthcare that the suits who control the health care group allow. DW has Started making some tinctures and teas to help boost all our immune systems. DD is looking in to some alternate health care for Thomas but until then she is trying to keep him in a bubble which he is fighting lol. We are hoping and praying that he stays healthy until we can get some answers or some way to manage his health issues.

it's no fun being sick, but if you had to have Covid the more recent Omicron versions are a lot "better" than the ones that came before. it already went through and peaked here some weeks ago and almost everyone we knew had it. i suspect we also had it in a weak form that gave us some sniffles and sneezes and for me a little headache and then it was gone. get well and i hope that Thomas heals up well and gets through this. :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is a name to what is going around. I just keep hearing different families are sick. I guess some kind of spring flu. I agree with flowerbug and D3 with K2. All we can do is try to stay healthy and be smart about it. The family I mentioned who had Covid, their little girl has a hole in her heart. They say born with it and not from Covid but she got Kawasaki disease. She is only 5 and had surgery planned to fix the hole in her heart, but now sick again, coughing, red eyes, not sure if pinkeye or something else. Your wife sounds like on the right track.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Vitamins D3 and C are important and many people don't get enough.

D3 is immune support and for many other functions. i have no idea what a safe dose for a child would be so you'll have to research this yourself but that one i would start ASAP.

C is also one that some children may not get enough of if they are picky eaters. i don't know what Thomas normally eats and if he has a varied diet or not.

if taking a lot of D3 suggestions are to also make sure there is some K2 taken to make sure calcium goes into the bones and not the tissues.
I have just conveyed these really good suggestions too my neighbours.

Thanks flowerbug :thumbsup

Latest posts