Great Pyrenees Puppy!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
dal puppies.jpg
So this is why I would love to have Dal puppies just once in my life. The holes in my floor are why I had my Lily spayed. These are the latest post from my breeder.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are so cute, @catjac1975. How could anyone NOT fall for one of those. My long-haired Bucky's long hair was next to impossible to keep tidy with burrs, pricklies, sticky seeds, etc.. After many years of complaining about this grungy outdoor dog (about 15 YO), I took him in for a bath and a shave.

This mutt that I think was part springer spaniel came out looking -- for all the world -- like a dalmatian pup. I even had an offer to purchase him from someone who wanted a young dalmatian that was as calm and laid-back as my Buck.

For some reason, this outdoor dog walked out of the car and right into the house; establishing his place as an indoor dog from that day on. Go figure!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took Trip to Tractor Supply for a big bone yesterday. Let's just say EVERYBODY loves a Pyrenees puppy! :lol: He was well behaved in the store and enjoyed the attention. I want to socialize him, my other Pyr, Paris was almost a year old when I got her, got off to a bad start and is not very social. It does make a huge difference to start them off right.

Your Cherokee is so lucky to have such a wonderful set of "parents" :love

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I took Trip to Tractor Supply for a big bone yesterday. Let's just say EVERYBODY loves a Pyrenees puppy! :lol: He was well behaved in the store and enjoyed the attention. I want to socialize him, my other Pyr, Paris was almost a year old when I got her, got off to a bad start and is not very social. It does make a huge difference to start them off right.

Your Cherokee is so lucky to have such a wonderful set of "parents" :love

We love our little fellow. But, we tried to crate train him in too much of a hurry.... In the past we have gotten pups at 9 to 10 weeks old. Cherokee was 13 weeks. Makes a BIG difference! He was too big already for a small crib by the bed, where you can stick you hand in and comfort them or know if they need to potty.
So.. we (wrongly) thought, since he is so big, why not just put him in the big crate from the first night and partition it off so it will be smaller.

Well, that was a terrible idea! Now we are having to start over with an open crate, and one of us sleeping beside him. At our age, this will most likely be our last BIG puppy. I'll be 74 when he is 10 years old! He is sooooooooo good, except if you want him to sleep in the crate with the door closed!

Oh well, it will take longer now for him to consider the crate his "den" and like being in there.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I once had a woman come to me for a puppy. When I asked why she wanted a puppy her reply was " Thats how I will meet my husband" She left without a puppy.
When I got my Dal puppy Lily everyone who saw her went crazy. Still to this day the vet's office goes on high alert when she comes in especially when I board her-she is just a love. When she was tiny my son took her to Providence RI were he has lived and where he went to college. He was walking her around and girls were approaching him in a frenzy. A few girls wanted to know who her breeder was and all the fool said was "I don't know." When he told the story at a family dinner party they all were ribbing him, that the young ladies actually wanted his number. Worked out in the end. He is engaged and marrying a girl that if his mother could do the choosing, I would have chosen her.

Latest posts