Great Pyrenees Puppy!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
2 nights ago DH found a tick on the dog already! I live in fear of LD. I stay clear of certain areas, wear proper clothing and use a deterrent when I am out. Then check when I return home. But usually the ticks that start crawling on me I DID not bring home. They came with the Hubby or HIS dog. Ugh. Thankfully garter snakes and bull snakes are the norm here. Nothing poisonous.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
having had lymes dz twice now I've gotten a healthy respect for ticks too. my dd contracted alpha gal from ticks several years back so that she was unable to eat meat from mammals without going into anaphylactic shock and ending up in the er. took them almost 2 years to diagnosis her and in the meantime she almost died 3 times. major scary!! over the past 3 years i have let my chickens and ducks free range over my property and that has cut way down on the number of ticks and lots of other bugs too. i realize that many of you can't do that but sure has helped here. my next experiment is to see if guineas will eat fireants. sure hope they will 'cause those are mean scutters

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just got a new LGD, too! And found a tick on me a few days ago! :(

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of ticks, http://entomologytoday.org/2013/10/02/scientist-finds-possible-new-tick-species-in-his-nose/
57c1wlpms-N417nQAHfcbT2X-iJghEmzdAkgDyh3HEeQRHHkAEqsEcXPxMELnUNZgP7qpcdUdqpFVu-ZktLbou9r3o-_3lNLbUO8MaQM6-a9=s0-d-e1-ft

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are S. L. O. W. L. Y. working on totally enclosing our acreage in horse wire. Got six rolls out there waiting on us to hack through the wilderness so we can put it up. Free ranging chickens will be next! It will take us probably a year to get the fencing done. At least the next part will be a sheep/goat enclosure so Trip can begin learning his job!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, how soon will you have animals, and what will they be? Will chickens be first? What's happening with your internet service?

Mary

Latest posts