Green worm

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have seen them before but i have not yet gotten a good picture of one of them, and well i can't say this one is a good picture but at least i could almost make it look like what i was seeing. sometime in the future perhaps i will get another chance and be able to take a better picture.

i'm also not sure of the species but this is what i found so far in my searching:

Allolobophora chlorotica

DSC_20200315_135848-0400_177_Green_Worm_thm.jpg

as usual the larger picture with more detail is at the relevant website page:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
did you find it in with the rest of your worms?

it was outside in the garden i was working on. i have seen them before both in my worm buckets and outside so they are native, but it turns out that they really aren't natives after all since they were imported some years ago from over the eastern pond.

i think in the worm buckets here inside they get overwhelmed by the other worms. i don't see too many.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
So,

that worm came all the way from Europe to visit?

Obviously, he arrived before the travel ban.

Steve

i'm not sure how long ago, but it must have been some time for them to get to this area as we are not near the east coast, but as with many such things they likely would have come along with garden plants brought in from other areas of the world.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i have seen them before but i have not yet gotten a good picture of one of them, and well i can't say this one is a good picture but at least i could almost make it look like what i was seeing. sometime in the future perhaps i will get another chance and be able to take a better picture.

i'm also not sure of the species but this is what i found so far in my searching:

Allolobophora chlorotica

DSC_20200315_135848-0400_177_Green_Worm_thm.jpg

as usual the larger picture with more detail is at the relevant website page:

I seem like a normal earthworm. But I wonder why does it look like a green thing. I don't know what caused it to be green.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm not sure how long ago, but it must have been some time for them to get to this area as we are not near the east coast, but as with many such things they likely would have come along with garden plants brought in from other areas of the world.
Years ago when I was working in a florist, I opened a box of FTD containers, a mallard-looking planter. In one of them I found a tiny lizard, about 3 inches long, still alive from his long journey from China. I named him Hop One Duck, and we kept him there in the shop for a while, but he finally succumbed to....I don't know...maybe Corona Virus.

Latest posts