Greetings from Southern California (SOCAL)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYBOY: We lived in a golf course community in Angels Camp. The entire town had the same $112.67 bill.

Before we had to move to AC, we had a place with 7.5 acres only 9 miles from AC. We were on city water, and before the drought hit, we were "allowed" to drill a well. We went down about 110 feet to find water. It was over $10K to drill that well.We used the well water to water the acre of vineyard we had.

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My husband and I have driven from Los Angeles to Vancouver in BC a number of times over the last 4 years. We've seen first hand the damages done to the forests of the NW. It's depressing and scary. And, apparently, we're in for a new drought cycle so you'll be grateful for that well!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I have driven from Los Angeles to Vancouver in BC a number of times over the last 4 years. We've seen first hand the damages done to the forests of the NW. It's depressing and scary. And, apparently, we're in for a new drought cycle so you'll be grateful for that well!
Wellcome to this site. Keep in mind that not all areas get a good producing water well. We drilled a well on our 20 acre ranch just 4 miles NE of Fresno Cal. and hit water at 29 feet that produces 152 gal./ min. . Then drive a mile down the road and you have to drill down to 400 +/- feet and if you hit water and if it does NOT have salt in it you will pump 4 gal./ min. Hit or Miss situation due to geological sheer !

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you plan on having a small garden? If you mulch deeply it will help keep your water usage down. I went from watering my big pots every 3 days to once a week now that they are heavily mulched.

Mary

Latest posts