Greetings from Southern Maine

pumpkin_moon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome. Looking forward to your posts concerning Maine. Wife & I want to go there to shore line to eat fresh lobster. I want to fly, her-have me drive. Needless to say, we haven’t made it yet.

Join in.

I'm originally from Chicago suburbs and have done the drive a couple times. It's long and boring, but doable. Not the most fun road trip. I suggest flying into Boston, only a couple hour drive up.

pumpkin_moon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, pumpkin_moon!

You may be just just in the right time of life and place for that.

And, does this mean that you can pick up seed orders from Pinetree, Johnny's and Fedco for us? You know, it's that time of year!

Steve ;)
lovingly hand delivered fruit trees to everyone's door

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such a daunting hobby to break into especially in the north!

Look at it this way, before grocery stores, people grew their food. Even in your area, people grew gardens to put up for the winter. I’m not saying it was not hard, but it got done and people prospered. You can do this.

pumpkin_moon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Look at it this way, before grocery stores, people grew their food. Even in your area, people grew gardens to put up for the winter. I’m not saying it was not hard, but it got done and people prospered. You can do this.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! It is also certainly something to think about the conveinences modern society affords me to willingly and actively move towards this lifestyle, not out of necessity of survival and how this might help put things into perspective! Not to mention the ability to login into the internet and have support and help from others with a similar perspective with years more experience is also something to be grateful for and help boost confidence while remaining humble with an open mind edger to learn and try new things.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes, @baymule & others have years more experience.....some on here are really old.. one rule you must know is the ones from the south get their feelings hurt very easily so don’t kid them. They believe 30-40 degrees is toughing it.

pumpkin_moon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh yes, @baymule & others have years more experience.....some on here are really old.. one rule you must know is the ones from the south get their feelings hurt very easily so don’t kid them. They believe 30-40 degrees is toughing it.
Oh boy. I'm not even gonna touch this... I'm still just a sprout afterall (scratch that... Just got promoted to leafing out, moving on up!)

Latest posts