Grow $700 of Food in 100 Square feet

nightshade

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
the only way I want grass is if something is grazing on it. Otherwise it just seems like wasted space, besides I hate mowing!

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
nightshade said:
the only way I want grass is if something is grazing on it. Otherwise it just seems like wasted space, besides I hate mowing!
True that.......in 57 years, I have NEVER spread, even, a single granule of fertilzer on my grass. If I can't eat it...it don't get fed.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now all we have to do is convince our city fathers that front lawns are detrimental to the health of its cities. This legislated practice put down as city regulations does the following:

Causes the wasting of precious water, uses dangerous weed killers and questionable fertilizers, :sick and in most cases burns costly fuel to cut down a useless product that usually goes into a landfill. Hello!

There are hundreds of organizations, and thousands of articles that promote front lawn landscaping as water savers, and attractive herb and vegetable gardens. :tools Right now people think it is too hard and time consuming.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we all took a step back in time where neighbors got together and help each other as in barn building as a comminuty project. Didn't everyone then share their harvests and skills. I think the times they are a comin. :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
Now all we have to do is convince our city fathers that front lawns are detrimental to the health of its cities. This legislated practice put down as city regulations does the following:

Causes the wasting of precious water, uses dangerous weed killers and questionable fertilizers, :sick and in most cases burns costly fuel to cut down a useless product that usually goes into a landfill. Hello!

There are hundreds of organizations, and thousands of articles that promote front lawn landscaping as water savers, and attractive herb and vegetable gardens. :tools Right now people think it is too hard and time consuming.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we all took a step back in time where neighbors got together and help each other as in barn building as a comminuty project. Didn't everyone then share their harvests and skills. I think the times they are a comin. :rose
I would like to believe that changes will come in great numbers... I think changes have already occurred.

Last year I went to the State Fair, a HUGE fair as far as the South East is concerned, here in Raleigh. Everyday I read the paper it was State Fair related. Last year was the first year in nearly 40 years they've had so many canned products for their contest, they called in additional judges.

They also had more produce in the produce contest then they could handle. It used to be mainly small farms, and large outfits... but this year, several home gardeners came in and won the big prizes! They even had several things listed in the new ORGANIC methods categories.

The little guy is producing much more then grass these days!!!

Latest posts