GROWING A COCONUT TREE IN PITTSBURGH PA

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today I got my coconut tree from Key West!! This is the only coconut tree in about 1000 miles south and about 3,000 miles west. This is going to be a challenge for sure. In the summer it gets between 80-85 degrees, but in the winter I'll have to keep it upstairs in the sun room where it will be 70-75 degrees everyday.

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Now that's cool!

The YouTube vid wouldn't connect for me. I so wanted to see the coconut tree.

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Works fine, now. For some reason, I was expecting to see roots on the bottom, not a coconut...LOL Whatever made you decide to grow a coconut tree?

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Works fine, now. For some reason, I was expecting to see roots on the bottom, not a coconut...LOL Whatever made you decide to grow a coconut tree?

I love to drink the coconut milk and eat the white stuff inside and when I go on vacation I love seeing the huge coconut trees on the beach. hahaha might as well give it a try

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
still going great everyone!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My friend lives in Key West he has to hire people to remove the coconuts from trees in front yard. People have been sued when a coconut falls hitting someone on sidewalk.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice videos your citrus in garage looked real full and healthy!! What variety is your pomegranate, it had huge flowers has it given you any fruit yet? Where did you mail order it from?

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice videos your citrus in garage looked real full and healthy!! What variety is your pomegranate, it had huge flowers has it given you any fruit yet? Where did you mail order it from?

Thanks! and the pomegranate is from Amazon and we got a few fruits from it so far

Latest posts