GROWING A COCONUT TREE IN PITTSBURGH PA

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I got my coconut tree from Key West!! This is the only coconut tree in about 1000 miles south and about 3,000 miles west. This is going to be a challenge for sure. In the summer it gets between 80-85 degrees, but in the winter I'll have to keep it upstairs in the sun room where it will be 70-75 degrees everyday.

II think you were born in then wrong zone, Pax

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love Key West.

I'm impressed with your efforts to get a coccanut tree to grow let alone produce. Good stuff keep us posted!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
a pomegranate tree is on my wanted list for spring, I was worried a NY summer might not be hot or long enough to ripen fruit. Red point out I could leave in green house during summer for more heat. Do you remember what variety yours is. Really enjoyed your videos, I am also tring to grow potted citrus in the north. Your citrus looked healthy can you tells us more about them?

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a pomegranate tree is on my wanted list for spring, I was worried a NY summer might not be hot or long enough to ripen fruit. Red point out I could leave in green house during summer for more heat. Do you remember what variety yours is. Really enjoyed your videos, I am also tring to grow potted citrus in the north. Your citrus looked healthy can you tells us more about them?

It takes around 6 months from flower to ripen so you will have to put it in a sunny location for those last few months. The pomegranate tree is a dwarf here's to link to the tree I have http://www.amazon.com/Dwarf-Pomegra...d=1455372699&sr=8-1&keywords=pomegranate+tree

The citrus trees I have are orange, lemon and lime and all of them flowered last year and we got our first orange too!!

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
How many years did it take for your pomegranate to produce fruit? How did they taste? Were they sweet? I love them and didn't know there was a dwarf tree. Will have to look into it.

Mary

Latest posts