Guess what I’m getting for my B-Day?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your DH did a super job.

Mary, @Ridgerunner was searching for books on raised beds. Not far from you is an outfit started by John Jeavons. Take a look at his book "How to Grow More Vegetables."

He does a take-off on French Intensive gardening. Using math he shows on the pages of the book how it is very possible to grow a tremendous amount of food in a small area.

Well, I don't have a small area and even though it's smaller (by about 700 square feet) than it was last year, it is still a lot of work. At one time not so long ago, my gardens made up over 1/2 acre. That's really not the way I want to garden these days. Sure, I like wide open spaces but that doesn't need to be all under my cultivation ... ;)).

As I age, it is something of a dream to have everything that I want to eat right outside the door :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your DH did a super job.

Mary, @Ridgerunner was searching for books on raised beds. Not far from you is an outfit started by John Jeavons. Take a look at his book "How to Grow More Vegetables."

He does a take-off on French Intensive gardening. Using math he shows on the pages of the book how it is very possible to grow a tremendous amount of food in a small area.

Well, I don't have a small area and even though it's smaller (by about 700 square feet) than it was last year, it is still a lot of work. At one time not so long ago, my gardens made up over 1/2 acre. That's really not the way I want to garden these days. Sure, I like wide open spaces but that doesn't need to be all under my cultivation ... ;)).

As I age, it is something of a dream to have everything that I want to eat right outside the door :).

Steve

it is much easier to keep an eye on it when it is closer too. :)

Latest posts