Hair In Food

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the good things growing up with a dog, if we didn't like something the dog would always eat it.

if we didn't eat it for dinner it would be there for breakfast for us next day. luckily those were very rare happenings. Mom learned to cook from Grandma so most things were good (Italian style). i know one-time she made something and Dad didn't like it so she threw it all at the wall. i don't remember that but i heard about it later.

the worst thing was the steaks she used to broil to death. it was like eating sawdust. she later learned how to do rare and that was so much better.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
if we didn't eat it for dinner it would be there for breakfast for us next day. luckily those were very rare happenings.

I've lately started doing this to my son. He started telling me how gross and disgusting a food was without even trying it. >_>

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I swear everything happens to you Nyboy. First of all I don't understand why people stay quiet when something is not right. I would have called and asked to talk to the owner or manager and requested another dish for free. If they don't know the problem, how can they fix it?

I once had a small pebble in my fish stew. You bet I mentioned it and they brought me another stew free. I wanted the same dish because it was delicious.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the problems I have run into when eating out and the food has something wrong, if you send it back for a replacement, it takes so long to get it, every one you are with is long finished eating when you get your food again. Almost makes it not worth it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the problems I have run into when eating out and the food has something wrong, if you send it back for a replacement, it takes so long to get it, every one you are with is long finished eating when you get your food again. Almost makes it not worth it.
I agree with you. I usually tell them that we're in a hurry and want to make it to the theater on time. Works all the time, haha.

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Send it back. You are the one buying the food and the service. Also paying for the local health dept to give the place a clean bill of health!! I will send stuff back if it is contaminated. If it is just a wrong order, but edible food, that's different.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saturday dw and i went to rio grande Mexican for dinner, we went early since both of us were hungry got there we had to wait to be seated..once sat the server brought out chips and salsa plus our drinks. our food came out at that point the table was covered in fly's they were everywhere, after 10mins of swatting them off our food and drink, we finally asked for to go boxs...
second time in my life i did not leave a tip, and to boot the cashier could not make change...
have contacted the health dept... funny thing looked at their health report cards this is not the first time they have been wrote up for them, of course the dw posted on their fb page and she wrote to the local paper....
needless to say we will not be going back.... where theres fly's there maggots...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've lately started doing this to my son. He started telling me how gross and disgusting a food was without even trying it. >_>

sometimes it's a control issue where the child wants to exert some sign of independence and individuality, other times it's just kids peer pressure or something they've heard other kids get away with and want to try it out on you.

i was youngest of four, if you didn't eat quick you might not get seconds and be hungry later... it's a really bad habit i regret now and very hard to change.

after divorce Mom was busy working long days so i was often the cook who put things in the oven for when my brother's would get home from work/school. we rarely had "sit-down meals" together after that and getting more to eat wasn't the same problem as when i was younger. funny how that worked out, we were poorer in theory but better fed. however, i do recall those many long days that Mom put in and it is one of the reasons why now i have no problem at all wanting to be here to help her and take care of her. even if she still works pretty hard here eventually she's going to need a lot more help and that's what i'm here for (and to protect)...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother had 4 kids and worked a full time job. Breakfast and lunch we where on our own. After working a full day my mother always came home and had dinner on the table by 5 pm. My father would come home from his job shower dinner on table by time he got dressed. The pantry always had soup and cereals, freezer always had frozen pizza and TV dinners fridge always cold cuts eggs and bread. It was very easy to make something to eat