HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2019

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving. :) After so many bummer years, this one was pretty good. My daughter decided to walk more than 1-2 steps for the first time today. My MIL hosted a wonderful dinner, and didn't mind when we snuck off for a bit to explore her woods/climb in her treehouse, and do all the things that inquisitive toddlers need to do. :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many things here to be thankful for. I've reached the age where I make a conscious effort to count my blessings often, but I share those thoughts with the family when we get together for Thanksgiving. We take turns hosting, the celebration was at one of our son's place this year. It was a good gathering. The family has grown, two grandchildren in college now & our married children sometimes spend time with their in-laws; so everyone may not make it for the holidays. A couple couldn't come this time. DW & I make it a point to get together with any who miss out, to make up for that lost time - life's too short.

@so lucky , sorry to hear of your son's troubles. Sad to say, such things are not an uncommon occurrence as families grow larger. We've had our share of family drama too, a couple of troublesome deadbeat dads in our case. Fortunately, our family has always been close, so we support each other strongly in trying times. It sounds like you are doing the same. I wouldn't gloss over such a situation as your son is going through... that kind of hurt runs deep. For what its worth, my thoughts & prayers are with you & your son.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you @baymule and all others here at TEG. :)

as with every day i'm on the upright side of the equation i'm very thankful and glad for the peace and happiness i'm lucky and able to have and being able to live with someone i love and get along with.

this was not a normal TG for us this season. normal is us spending time with one of my brother's family and anyone else who cares to show up. this year my brother was finally able to get away from work (but he did have to take some blueprints with him) to visit his daughter and her hubby out west. just in time to bring rain and snow for the first time there since spring (southern CA). but hopefully this rainy weather helped to put out the fires. they normally make a full TG dinner and many casseroles and we're happy to bring home anything they want to give away (the dark meat that they won't eat and some stuffing and gravy).

since we didn't have to travel and neither of us really wanting to roast a turkey i made a chuck roast with all the normal veggies (carrots, potatoes, onions) along with plenty of mushrooms. Mom asked to help but i told her i would do it all and i did. :) when the roast was done i made mushroom gravy using anything left in the pan. all turned out well. Mom took a nap for a few hours (she wakes up early) while i did some more reading then we had a snack of a few more roasted taters/gravy/etc. then i did the dishes and went back to reading. it was pretty windy out so i didn't get outside.

today it looks like cloudy but not too cold or windy so i'll try to get out for a walk. my right leg is sore from what i did the other day, but not bad enough to keep me from walking so i'm glad i can get out even if it is a gloomy day. with it being cloudy we can't even moonbathe this evening (Addams Family style :) ). read the word gloomy with the accent of Wednesday Addams... that is how we always say it now. it gives us a chuckle. :) and sometimes we talk about going to work at the tuna cannery...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many things here to be thankful for. I've reached the age where I make a conscious effort to count my blessings often, but I share those thoughts with the family when we get together for Thanksgiving. We take turns hosting, the celebration was at one of our son's place this year. It was a good gathering. The family has grown, two grandchildren in college now & our married children sometimes spend time with their in-laws; so everyone may not make it for the holidays. A couple couldn't come this time. DW & I make it a point to get together with any who miss out, to make up for that lost time - life's too short.

@so lucky , sorry to hear of your son's troubles. Sad to say, such things are not an uncommon occurrence as families grow larger. We've had our share of family drama too, a couple of troublesome deadbeat dads in our case. Fortunately, our family has always been close, so we support each other strongly in trying times. It sounds like you are doing the same. I wouldn't gloss over such a situation as your son is going through... that kind of hurt runs deep. For what its worth, my thoughts & prayers are with you & your son.
Thanks, @Zeedman . I appreciate your words. I think my son is finding out who his true friends are, and may be pleasantly surprised.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hope all had a good day. DW & I got to spend it with daughter, son’s family hosted as his wife’s Family we’re also there. GD is 1.5 and a hoot. They went shopping while we got to babysit-one of the few times we get her to ourselves. Didn’t put a dent in all the food. They will be eating left overs for a while.

Latest posts