Hardest weed to get rid off.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
3) grass in the flowerbeds.
Man, I didn't even think about that! It drives me nuts how much grass migrates into my beds. We have a lot of patches of what I think is Johnson grass, with the looooong underground roots. So annoying!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
I know how it gets there--DH throws grass into my flowerbeds when he mows with the riding mower!!! :barnie :barnie :barnie
Argggh, I know! Doesn't that just get your goat?! HOW MANY TIMES must I repeat myself? HOW HARD IS IT to drive the other direction?! :somad

:th

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father always complained of this too- correct me if I am wrong- but wouldn't the mowed grass have to have gone to seed in order to reproduce in the garden? Grass bits can't grow -can they??

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
My father always complained of this too- correct me if I am wrong- but wouldn't the mowed grass have to have gone to seed in order to reproduce in the garden? Grass bits can't grow -can they??
Depends on how faithful you are about mowing your grass! And how many weeds you have coming up in your yard. Some grasses will persist to make seed, even if they're low to the ground. On mine, there are also chickweed and dandelion (and escaped Love-in-a-Mist) seeds that get tossed everywhere! :p

Wildsky

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sandburs!

We moved here three years ago and I still can not control them, this year I tried sprinkling PREEN all over, but I didn't apparently get them soon enough, so I see them sprouting up already :barnie

I HATE SANDBURS!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, sandburrs are EVIL. I rented an apt in TX and the lawn hadn't been cared for. They were everywhere! My poor dog would get them in her fuzzy paws (she's a very fuzzy dog) when she went out to potty. They are a nightmare. And they HURT! :hit