Hardest weed to get rid off.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My list includes ... star thistle, bull thistle, field bind weed, puncture vine ( originally from Australia) , stinging nettle, Johnson grass, Bermuda grass, non endophite free fescue grass, dandelion, wild Blackberry bushes, horsetail . These are some of the worst, and quite a few more. :he

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The neighbor over the back fence wants me to take over his garden in 2013. This is after he let it go completely for 2 years. Before that, he was always complaining about the bindweed.

His bindweed is continuously creeping thru the fence. I don't think I will be able to deal with it next year without laying down some kind of plastic mulch!

MontyJ, I have seen redroot pigweed blooming at less than 1 inch in height! I hardly know how one keeps the seeds out of the garden when it practices such stealth tactics . .. .

Bob, roasted and ground dandelion roots make a pretty good substitute for decaf coffee. A cup can be enjoyed with "just desserts" :).

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I spent an hour combing through the garden this past weekend pulling out the stealth pigweeds! That weed cost me the entire season. It was so bad last year that I took this year off and went with a till and kill approach. I tilled the garden in the spring, then watered and tended. When the pigweed came up, it was time to till again. I did this all summer to try to get the seed numbers down. Hopefully it worked. I don't think I could survive another year without a garden!

Latest posts