Have you ever regifted ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to, till I regifted a Christmas gift to my sister for her birthday. She had a party with all her friends and co workers. In front of everyone she opened her gifts, unknown to me the one I gave her was engraved with mine and SO names. Took many years to live that down.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I have re-gifted things given to me by students. I usually have a few wrapped up for surprise visitors. Never re-gifted anything other than those inexpensive things. Oops! I did re-gift a plastic azalea plant with pink, red, orange, and yellow flowers my mother bought for me. I am NOT into plastic, but she liked it so I gave it back to her. I've had plenty of gifts from my mother that were worthy of re-gifting had I found anyone who would have appreciated such junk. The best gift I ever got from her was a ship that didn't come in. She ordered a mantle sailing ship for both my brother and me, but only one ship arrived. I think his ex-wife got to keep it.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haha, funny stories! I dont have a problem regifting little storebought things - a candle, christmas ornaments...stuff like that. Like smart red said, they make nice gifts for that awkward moment where someone unexpected surprises you with something!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to, till I regifted a Christmas gift to my sister for her birthday. She had a party with all her friends and co workers. In front of everyone she opened her gifts, unknown to me the one I gave her was engraved with mine and SO names. Took many years to live that down.
That could have been a sit-com episode, lol!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have no problem re-gifting. If I have something nice (given to me or bought by me) and I think that someone else would appreciate it more, or use it better - off it goes. I've even been known to re-gift a gift card (sent to me in a card, to a store that was no where near me) - LOL!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
You bet, I just received a candle (we do no burn candles since the house fire, and no a candle did not start it!) I know many people that do and would love this pretty candle. Also have a cousin always sending me hand towels for holidays, I have WAY to many. Will tuck them in packages for others.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel guilty regifting. Last year one of my parents gave me a card for a coffee shop. Since I don't drink coffee and prefer my own tea than theirs I gave it to my husband. But I made him give me the money! :D This way I could buy something for myself and say it was from that parent.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep everything I get and wear the clothes people give me. Only once did my husband give me a very ugly sweater. I wore it around the house. When I was young and an extra small my mother-in-law likde to buy me extra large. I did exchange these. I would not want to hurt the feelings of the people who buy me gifts. But if I get one more thing for my overfull kitchen…...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel guilty regifting. Last year one of my parents gave me a card for a coffee shop. Since I don't drink coffee and prefer my own tea than theirs I gave it to my husband. But I made him give me the money! :D This way I could buy something for myself and say it was from that parent.

Mary
Mary! That is not regifting! Making someone buy your gift (even if it's your hubby) is salesmanship! :lol:

Latest posts