Hawg Hut or Goat or Sheep.....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Bay, why does it have a floor??? I would think that all the moisture from the pigs would really damage it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Bay, why does it have a floor??? I would think that all the moisture from the pigs would really damage it.

Because I am raising them in the winter and the ground would be wet and cold. Pigs keep their sleeping space clean. If given enough room, they poop and potty in one spot. It's when they are kept in small pens that they are so nasty. I'll pile hay in the hut for them to burrow in.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I see. I've never seen pigs kept except in very small pens. That makes sense, of course. Just about any animal is easier to care for when not kept tightly confined.
Can't wait to see picts of the happy pigs.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neighbors down the road just brought home two weaners and put them out in a brand new spacious pen made just for them. They were raised in a tiny filthy pen full of mud and manure. I think it must make a difference in their potty habits, because these two go wherever the urge strikes them Even while eating.:sick
When we had pigs at home I remember them being particular and always using the same corner.

Latest posts