Heading to North Carolina today

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@majorcatfish , I wont tell him he can't stop in and say hi and have dinner with you. That is completely up to him. I'm not one of those wives that demands all his time and attention.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
But those mutterings he hears in his head all the time. . . the rose garden. . . the gazebo. . . is he not programed to attend to your wishes? I sounded to me as if MontyJ was wanting to get home to his family if time allowed. That's how I'd be as well.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just saying! Either the voices in MontyJ's head sound like you, he has a woman's conscience, or Judeo-Christian guilt is deeply ingrained in his mother's (grandmother's?) voice. I suspect his own voices wouldn't sound quite as sweet and enticing enough to bend his back to hard work digging.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The schedule for tomorrow is set and unfortunately, I won't be making the side trip to Stokesdale. The training seminar will end between 10:00am and noon. That would put me home between 6:00 and 8:00pm tomorrow night. I have to take advantage of the time at home to get the new place fixed up that Dew has been posting pics of. It's more than just cosmetic. The electric service entrance is substandard and will not pass inspection. The current cable is 4/0, 4/0, 2/0, 2. Current code requires 4/0, 4/0, 4/0, 2/0 for mobile homes. I have to dig up the old underground service and install new service, including a new 200A disconnect before we can get the power on. I have to get the power on to make the needed repairs.
On the bright side, I have heard rumors that I will be back in Raleigh, possibly in November, for another seminar. If so, I will plan accordingly and head down a day early (on a Saturday) and have all day to visit on Sunday. We should be in the new place by then and most of my irons should be out of the fire.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
really took the day off have ribs and butts ready to go on at 6 am....not :lol:
you and dew and anyone else is always welcome to visit, will refrain breaking out the denver boot...

safe travels everyone.....

Latest posts