Heat, gonna be Okay?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother was out weedeating in this humid 96*~feels like 102*~weather today, long pants and long sleeves on. She always picks the hottest days and the hottest parts of those days to go out and work like a slave. Walking around out there today felt like walking under a warm, wet beach towel.

She also mowed today...doesn't ever wear a hat, just a sweat band. Slaps it wetly down on the washing machine when she comes in, proud of all the sweating she's done for the day.

She makes me tired, just watching her.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally back to reasonable. forecast for today and the next week has every day's high temperatures at 76 or 77F... *whew*

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mother was out weedeating in this humid 96*~feels like 102*~weather today, long pants and long sleeves on. She always picks the hottest days and the hottest parts of those days to go out and work like a slave. Walking around out there today felt like walking under a warm, wet beach towel.

She also mowed today...doesn't ever wear a hat, just a sweat band. Slaps it wetly down on the washing machine when she comes in, proud of all the sweating she's done for the day.

She makes me tired, just watching her.

Mom is like that for me too (making me tired just watching her). she can't take the heat though. she's heading out to mow this morning. i'm barely awake/alive until after 9am which when it gets too hot outside is just not working so i have to get my butt outside early before i'm even coherent. likely to make for some amusing times as i figure out where i am and get alive...

i used to be able to work in hot and humid weather. it is hard to acclimate to the heat when using AC.

rained really hard yesterday. don't have to water today. too wet to weed. maybe one of my brother's is going to visit today. haven't seen him in a long time. will be good to see him.

Latest posts