Heat Wave!!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had some crazy storms race thru this afternoon, but unfortunately didn't get any rain. It did cool things off for the evening at least. It was almost pleasant in the garden tonight.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
today 110 !! its suppose to rain the next few days according to our news. He said the same thing last week and didnt happen.. :/

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
We had some crazy storms race thru this afternoon, but unfortunately didn't get any rain. It did cool things off for the evening at least. It was almost pleasant in the garden tonight.
Our yard is covered with branches. Some are pretty big. We got 1/4" of rain in the storm and our power was off for about an hour. It's kind of nice when the power is off - quiet, nothing I can do to fix it, dark, relax.

Pray for rain.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gosh, wish some of that rain had blown down here! Did the storm cool you off any, Smiles? It hit 107 at our house yesterday, only about 102 so far today. My chickens are really suffering! I have been giving them ice and frozen watermelon rinds, and hosing down their run, but they look so pitiful with their mouths hanging open, and my White Rock kinda whines when she is not happy. She has been whining a lot lately. Me too.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Gosh, wish some of that rain had blown down here! Did the storm cool you off any, Smiles? It hit 107 at our house yesterday, only about 102 so far today. My chickens are really suffering! I have been giving them ice and frozen watermelon rinds, and hosing down their run, but they look so pitiful with their mouths hanging open, and my White Rock kinda whines when she is not happy. She has been whining a lot lately. Me too.
I squirt water on my chickies, they dont like it but I know they feel better after!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Production Red girl seemed to have a touch of heat exhaustion or something today. Listless and kind of confused. I held her in the litter pan I have filled with water, and splashed her feathers, underneath them, to try to get to the skin a little. She didn't like it, but did perk up. My next step was going to be submerging her in a bucket, but I didn't need to today. I will have more frozen water jugs for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.................:(

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Storms to the north again today, but nothing here. :( We did get a little cloud cover which helped cool things off a bit. I froze some of my extra zukes and fed them to the chickens. I guess it helped a bit.... at least we haven't been hitting triple digits - we've been staying in the upper 90s. Still been pretty miserable.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I hope everyone is safe back east. those storms are nasty !! it wont be long before we have ours in Arizona called Microburst. I call it Tornados, cause they are so destructive !!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Katey, did you guys get any of that beautiful rain this morning? I was having a cup of coffee (your DH's coffee) out on the porch at 6 AM and it looked like you guys were getting drenched. I can't even buy a drop of rain here.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
YES! I woke up to rain at about 4 am and! It was wonderful! Didn't turn out to be a whole lot, but I'll take what I can get at this point! Funny what difference a few miles makes.

Latest posts