Hello, and HELP

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi, welcomes to you ~ that looks like powdery mold to me , apply water without wetting the leaves ~ don't know how moist you air is ~ you posted that today ~ give us a shout as to how they're doing each day ~ and we'll see this one through ```

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another Welcome! @janiceOh , from east-central Wisconsin! I spent a week in Toronto 15 years ago, a beautiful city I would like to see again some day.

Your climate is much like mine, maybe even a little warmer. Some years it warms early enough for me to put out tomatoes in mid-May; but normally they are just hardening off then, and planted out somewhere around June 1st. This year, I will be putting my tomato & pepper seedlings out to harden off whenever the temperature gets above 70 F. degrees (21 C.) in an area sheltered from the wind... and bringing them back in at sunset. This Saturday should be their first day out.

Your seedlings appear to be OK. Did you mist them while they were in full sun? Water droplets on the leaves could act as lenses, causing sunburn spots. The white spots also could be mineral deposits, if the leaves were sprayed with hard water. The stems & new growth still look healthy.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad to see you post pix already. Mongo likes pictures....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is still going to be too cool here to harden off tomatoes for another few weeks. we're about the same degrees north as you are here in mid-Michigan, there aren't any frosts in the forecast for the next week yet, but that can change. the 40sF are a bit too cold to leave them out overnight. we won't be planting anything out for 3-4 weeks yet either other than peas.

Latest posts