Hello from Arizona!

fraumeyer

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm so excited to a part of this great group! I'm even more excited to be growing out some rare bean varieties for the first time this year. There were way too many to choose from, so I had to be stern with myself and make a master list of all the ones I wanted to try, and restrict myself to a few a year LOL. It's the deepest of rabbit holes!

A bit about me:
I'm the wife of a retired Marine, mother to one energetic boy, avid gardener, cook and crafter who also runs a holster making business, sourdough enthusiast and artist with no time to paint! I love growing veggies of all kinds, but I have a weakness for beans and potatoes. We fight everything from summer heat, high winds, gravelly sandy soil, deer, squirrels, gophers and plague proportion grasshoppers, but it's so worth it! This season we'll focus on heavy mulching, higher fences, and preventative safe spraying to hopefully have a better garden year.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello :frow and :welcome from Eastern Iowa where the Mississippi River runs east to west!
Glad to have you here. I have 3 cousins Living in the Mesa, AZ area and spent a summer there. I love AZ. <3

WildBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome! Agreed, gardens are worth it despite the effort!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. Glad to have you here. Can you please put your general location in your avatar? Old folks like me will never remember!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome from mid-Michigan. :)

it is possible to have gardens anywhere humans can survive.

wind breaks and surface protection will help. can't say much about the animals as the only thing that seems to work here that i trust is a good fence.

beans you say? :)