Hello from East Texas!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been reading on the site for a while, and decided it's time to join and introduce myself. I come from BYC, so there are a number of people here I recognize. :frow

I have a small raised bed that I've been doing some gardening in for the last couple of years. This year I wanted to expand that and put in some more raised beds. Money is a bit tight, so instead of going to the expense of buying new material to make the beds, I decided to just start with a regular in ground garden. Later, I may convert to raised beds in that same area as money is available.

I'm doing the BTE (Back to Eden) way of gardening. I know this should be started in the fall, but I didn't know about this method last fall so I'll do what I can this year and hope next year is better. I still have a couple of months left for my BTE garden to "cook", so maybe it will be enough to begin with.

I want to say Hi to everyone and I hope to learn a lot here. :)

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you NYboy :)

Hiya Ridgerunner! Yep, I hang out on the BYC thread a lot. Just a simple step over the chicken fence into the garden. I hope to learn a lot here. :)

Thanks lesa! I agree, gardening is an experiment. Kinda like life. If it doesn't work, try something else.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@henless :welcome from Eastern IA where the Mississippi River runs East to West. I know TX is a big state, but you might not be far from our very dear @baymule!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome henless. Beekissed has a thread on Back to Eden gardening. I'm learning a lot from her and attempting it. Glad you joined our group.

Mary

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks Mary! I need to check that thread out. I've learned a lot from Bee over on the BYC site. She is a wealth of information!!

Latest posts