Hello from East Texas!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well howdy @henless !! Welcome to TEG!! I was just looking at one of the Texas threads on BYC earlier and realized it has been a year since I posted on it. So I was reading your posts and now here you are on TEG!! We might be closer than we think, I am just north of I20 from Tyler, where are you?

You will love it here, everyone is so nice and helpful. If you have any questions on gardening, this is the place to be! I am so glad you are here!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Did you move recently @baymule ? I live in Tatum, which is about an hour East of Tyler. In fact, I go to Tyler about every 3 months to see my Rheumatologist.

It seems like a really nice place. I'm sure as I get more into my gardening, I'll have loads of questions, lol.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you move recently @baymule ? I live in Tatum, which is about an hour East of Tyler. In fact, I go to Tyler about every 3 months to see my Rheumatologist.

It seems like a really nice place. I'm sure as I get more into my gardening, I'll have loads of questions, lol.

We used to live in Livingston, 75 miles north of Houston. We moved here in February 2015. Our daughter, her husband and our 2 grand daughters live here and we wanted to be close to them. I know where Tatum is, I used to live in Longview and passed through Tatum on my way to Carthage. Next time you come to Tyler, let me know and we can meet for lunch or something. :thumbsup

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We used to live in Livingston, 75 miles north of Houston. We moved here in February 2015. Our daughter, her husband and our 2 grand daughters live here and we wanted to be close to them. I know where Tatum is, I used to live in Longview and passed through Tatum on my way to Carthage. Next time you come to Tyler, let me know and we can meet for lunch or something. :thumbsup

Small world! I grew up in Longview and lived in Carthage for a short while. I live near my granddaughter. Being near your grand kids is a great reason to pull up stakes and move!

How do you like it up this way? Even though your still in Texas, I'm sure it's a change from living around Houston.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it here! My parents moved to Longview when I was 2 years old and moved to Houston when I was 9. I hated Houston from the git-go and left after I graduated high school. I lived in Longview again for a few years as an adult before moving to Livingston. Livingston was a nice small town, good place to raise kids, but not a lot going on there. I don't even miss it.

In first and second grade I went to Bramlett Elementary and walked to school. Judson road was a narrow 2 lane road on the outskirts of town. Haha what a change!