Hello From Maine

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but am also a member on BYC & BYH, along with chickenchatter

Planning my first big garden this year after years of regaining strength from an illness and 2 minor strokes.

I am also planning to re-seed some of my lawn areas to pasture for my goats, ducks, geese & chickens.

I also have 2 young apple saplings that I have to move to a new location. someday I'd like to get more fruit trees and a few walnut trees.

bob/Maine

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on getting back into it :) I spent a few weeks in Maine once in the early summer a few years back and really enjoyed the lifestyle you folks have up there -- it quite strongly reminded me of life in the US back in the 40's and 50's, when everybody knew their neighbors and nobody locked doors, etc.

My favorite part of your state is the coast -- I now dream of having a summer home in Boothbay Harbor!

Whitewater

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome Bob!
Gardening is good therapy ... hope you have a great season! :tools

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Hi Bob,

:welcome

I'm in Southern England.....!! I love being part of this forum -- it's a great place, nice people & lots of information to pass around. Hope you enjoy it too :D

Have a good & productive summer!! :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank You everyone for the nice welcome, but it will be interesting to see if I can grow a garden. I'm one of the original "black thumbs" when it comes to gardening.

bob
blackthumb.gif

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can surely succeed!! Start small and don't try anything too exotic. See what your neighbors grow successfully and go from there. Keep us posted on your progress! Welcome!!!

stano40

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
damummis said:
what region of Maine?
I live in Southern Maine, Wells, Maine to be exact.

Hattie, I've been to Portsmouth, England when I was in the US Navy. Got a chance to visit London and even stood on the London Bridge taking photo's of the tower bridge thinking that was the London bridge.

Been to the tower of London, Westminster Cathedral, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square, loved it & the people.

lesa, the past 2 years I've just kept a few tomato plants. Last year was a disaster due to some tomato blight and no tomato's grew.

bob

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blight was bad everywhere last year- try, try again! Why not plant some lettuce and radish- then you will have instant success! What zone is Maine? As soon as you can work the soil, you can plant your lettuce and radish....Good luck!

Latest posts