Hello from Minnesota!

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hello!

I garden in zone 4a. I have a veggie garden that is approx. 1/8 of an acre, as well as a few additional flower beds. My favorite things to grow are heirloom varieties of tomatoes, beans, and squash, as well as a variety of herbs. I also enjoy veggie oddities and unique plants. I am a sucker for sweet peppers - the kinds that roast down to be juicy and delicious! And I love growing plants that push the growing season here in central MN! Sometimes I am successful and sometimes I'm not, but that's part of the fun! I don't use pesticide/fungicides/herbicides as I like to know that the foods that I am growing are as natural and healthy as I can produce. I grow most of my plants from seed, and take pride in saving seed for future seasons. I am a big advocate of adapting seeds for your own garden conditions. Throughout and after the gardening season, I enjoy preserving the goodies that I have grown, and I can, ferment, dry, and freeze as many things as I have time to preserve. Because I have a short window between frosts, I also have an extensive indoor plant collection to keep some greenery in my life year-around.

My upcoming projects include landscaping several more flower areas around my house. I plan to focus on hardy decorative perennials and bulbs. This endeavor will be quite a learning experience for me! I'm excited to learn and share gardening tips and experience here. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you were closer i'd welcome you to come get all the bulbs and other plants you wanted. we have way too many now of a lot of things and nowhere to put them.

Latest posts