Hello from North Carolina

South central N.C. we can throw rocks over the S.C. line .Found this site checking out BYC. Lots of good knowledge here. My wife and I have a good size garden every year, we're hoping to get into the local farmers market this year. Hoping to learn lots, looking forward to spring.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome. Are you still in the mountains, or is the terrain getting flat where you are? I don't guess I've ever been very far east in NC. What I have seen, Franklin area and Asheville, is beautiful.

Hi, and welcome. Are you still in the mountains, or is the terrain getting flat where you are? I don't guess I've ever been very far east in NC. What I have seen, Franklin area and Asheville, is beautiful.

I'm 200 miles from the mountains and 140 miles to the beach, so pretty much smack dab in the middle.Terrain is mostly flat, except on my farm Lol , gentle rolling hills.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Lickbranchfarm!

You have a great resource in your state with NCSU Cooperative Extension. Also some top gardeners, like www.craiglehoullier.com . He might not be all that far from you and shows up in a farmers' market to sell plants - or, at least he did.

Here's his recent instagram post of what he sees outside his window: link. Look familiar?

Steve

Latest posts