Hello from Oklahoma new member

RebeccaRN

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am in Eastern iowa, Just north of Davenport. About 1 1/2 hours from Cedar Rapids. Did you see what this summers wind storm (Derecho ) did to Cedar Rapids?
Yes it was devastating I have friends there i keep in touch with. That storm was worst my friend had ever seen and she's lived there all her life

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :) what area did you grow up around? i've lived in MI most of my life, both down state and upstate so while i was born a Troll i did end up being a Yooper too. now i'm back to being a Troll so. much easier down here. :)

RebeccaRN

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :) what area did you grow up around? i've lived in MI most of my life, both down state and upstate so while i was born a Troll i did end up being a Yooper too. now i'm back to being a Troll so. much easier down here. :)
I grew up in Battle Creek...kind of a dump these days lol Someday I wanna visit Wiedman and visit Dr Pol 😄

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I

I grew up in Battle Creek...kind of a dump these days lol Someday I wanna visit Wiedman and visit Dr Pol 😄

i don't know either of those references. it's ok. :) i was born in Grand Rapids but we moved over to this side of the state (near the tri-cities) when i was young. as a bit of funny story i must have been not happy with the change or experience because i lived in the cupboards for a few months with the pots and pans. Mom asked a doc/psychologist about it and he was smart enough to tell her to leave me alone and i'd come out eventually. i remember only a few moments of that. i still am quite ok living in close quarters. :)

it is rather flat and agricultural here. the western part of MI at least has more rolling hills and lakes. one of the interesting tidbits about the state of MI is that Saginaw county is the only county in the state that doesn't have a natural lake. plenty of rivers, swamps and wetlands at one time but no big lakes at all.

Latest posts