Hello from Pennsylvania

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mary...It is our farm and home business name...MoonShadows Farm (www.moonshadowsfarm.com)

thistlebloom...we talked about it for years, too.

Steve...They say always get a greenhouse bigger than you think you need. I was going to get the 8 x 12, and opted for the larger 8 x 16. Wonder how long it will be before I'm tip-toeing around in it.

Here's a good link that describes the Swedish Skirt and has a couple of drawings: http://www.ceresgs.com/#!Solar-Gree...ion/cf3k/95A3D37A-79A7-41B9-8566-D7D1C274BF2B

Here's a YouTube video using it for a house.

I would dig a regular foundation and insulate it, but there is a stone ledge under the ground where I want to place it.

Jim

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frowSending a big warm-hearted welcome from south-est, central-est Wisconsin, :frow one retired educator to another. Glad you found this wonderful site :celebrateand happy to have you growing with us. It sounds as if you have your share of gardening challenges. I hope to learn from you and your spouse as the gardens progress. Greenhouse gardening is in my plans as well. I will be watching closely.

In case no one mentioned it already, we LOVE photos.

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, Smart Red! As soon as the greenhouse arrives, I'll post pics of its construction.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@MoonShadows :welcome
From one bus driver to another. ;) (I am currently counting the days until the end of this school year-16) We live in small town Eastern Iowa about 10 miles NORTH of the Mississippi River~

Sam BigDeer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to TheEasyGarden, MoonShadows,, Jim....

We have members from all over the world here and we're glad to include you in the group..

This greeting is being extended to you by Sam, (Sam BigDeer) who resides in South Alabama / Central Florida...

We look forward to getting to know you,,,,,,,,, and your Family, friends, children, pets, etc......

Sam

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:bow @MoonShadows and :bow @Carol Dee, you have my admiration. There is no way I could drive a school bus. I can give a speech in front of a gym full of adults/children, I can sing songs dressed like a chicken, even put on a skit dressed in nothing but a diaper, but never could I get past the creepy-crawlies down my neck with 20 students where I can't keep an eye on them.:hide

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:bow @MoonShadows and :bow @Carol Dee, you have my admiration. There is no way I could drive a school bus. I can give a speech in front of a gym full of adults/children, I can sing songs dressed like a chicken, even put on a skit dressed in nothing but a diaper, but never could I get past the creepy-crawlies down my neck with 20 students where I can't keep an eye on them.:hide
20 students.... Make that 57 o_O

Latest posts